1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jimmyL

jimmyL New Member

Hey guys, newbie here. I'm Jim.

I don't really know much about clothing, style and fashion stuff but I'm looking to "up my game". So I stumbled into this forum. After reading a few posts, I'm convinced I'll be in good company here. :)

2. moviebuff

moviebuff Member

Hello to everyone at the forum. I live in the US and have checked out the forum off and on for a year or so. My style has been conservative. I have been working brighter colors into my wardrobe but I doubt I will ever get too crazy. This forum and Esquire's Big Black Book have opened my eyes to men's fashion. I have begun to trade in my old suits, shirts, sport coats for better fitting and better made clothing. So I want to thank you all for the needed change.

I look forward to contributing to the forum and maybe I will be brave enough to take pictures of what I typically wear for all to see and provide opinions on.

3. farronmichaux

farronmichaux New Member

My name is Farron, I am a student in my second year of college studying journalism and fashion design.
    A friend of mine told me about this website so I joined today. I enjoy food and shopping and also music a LOT.
    I'm a denim enthusiast and live in DC although i am from Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.

4. Mikebailey

Mikebailey Member

Hello all,

I am Mike Bailey, a photographer from Calgary, Alberta. Have been looking around the forum for the past 6 months after I came to the realization that I was not dressing appropriately for my age (24). After working in an industry for 5 years that did not requires suit/tie or any formal attire I decided I would have to pressure myself to develop my style as I moved towards working full time as a photographer.

It didn't take long to discover that I love wearing suits. While backpacking through Europe I stopped at Suit Supply, Regent Street and purchased a mohair grey lazio along with a few button ups. Through out the following month I wore my suit at every opportunity in Rome, Florence, Napoli, Milano, Cinque Terre and Paris. Since I was travelling alone, the suit instantly gave me the extra confidence to speak with everyone and the way women began looking at me was incredible. The suit had not yet been tailored, aside from a trouser adjustment from Suit Supply, however I was informed that my particular structure is optimal for otr suits and mtm/bespoke would generally not be required. My feet, on the other hand, is a different story.

I look forward to conversing with you all and adding value to the forum. Currently I am trying different things out at my tailor, working towards achieving my optimal fit. I have developed a great relationship with him over the past couple months and he already knows what type of fit I desire and has delivered every time. The local thrift stores have been the main source of my goods, however I am certainly willing to make the investment when needed. It has been interesting overcoming insecurities in what I wear and learning to not give a F. Slowly I am beginning to wear the clothes I like without letting them wear me. Have a few interesting pieces I recently acquired that I am excited to take on a test drive, most notably a borg collar suede jacket.

Cheers,

Mike Bailey

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Hi Mike, please be sure to send the obligatory nude pics to patrickBOOTH so he can review your body type and figure out what clothing style suits you best. Welcome.

6. Mikebailey

Mikebailey Member

Haha! I will get on that immediately. Thanks for the warm welcome, Harvey!

7. maanjackson

maanjackson New Member

A very warm hello to all of my friends here,, I'm new here its really great to see you all :)

8. Mighty Morris

Mighty Morris Well-Known Member

Hello .... I have signed up because I love Tricker's and other fine shoes. And other fine stuff.

And I am glad that other people appreciate these things too.

Best,
    MM

9. jamesd617

jamesd617 New Member

Hello Folks,

Im brand new to the StyleForum. I look forward to learning a lot and imparting a bit of wisdom when possible.

JD

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  10. dhsil80

dhsil80 New Member

hello, just joined the forum, hope to learn a couple of things and make new friends.

11. FootFitter

FootFitter New Member

hello, just joined the forum. I'm looking forward to learning new things and giving tips/advice on style. I'm excited to connect!

12. lsxscoob

lsxscoob Member

Hey all just wanted to introduce mystelf. My name is Steven and currently still an undergrad. I joined because I always like looking nice when my friends and I go out and I get tired of the plain tee and jeans look. Looking forward to getting a lot of good opinions from the vets on here.

13. lynkdead

lynkdead New Member

Not going to lie, joined up because I've been looking for a new pea coat, fell in love with TOJ's version, had my heart crushed because they're ending production, and wanted to lurk the market on this forum to hopefully pick one up.

14. Drybrarian

Drybrarian Member

I'm Andrew. I'm a Librarian for a federal agency. As such, I could get away with wearing sweat pants and a cheetoh-encrusted Simpsons t-shirt to work. Precisely for that reason I enjoy dressing well and defying the stereotype of how Librarians look.

Of course, I'm still doing that on a government salary, so I'm not exactly swimming in Edward Green or Turnbull & Asser.

15. caroledauthier

caroledauthier New Member

Hello friends I am new to this discussion board. I love discussions and found this forum very best. I am very glad to join the forum.Denver Broncos Jersey

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  16. dagedajies

dagedajies New Member

OK.i love here,i post a lot, like A LOT, and im a creeper. and can often be found in DT, and i work in retail.thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  17. scottish

scottish New Member

Hey SF,

Been lurking here for a few months and finally decided to make an account to post! Always been interested in fashion, my mother has worked in the industry for 30+ years so you can say I probably inherited some of that passion. Anyway, catch you in the threads!

18. edwin25

edwin25 Member

Hi, I am new here, i hope learn and share about fashion
    thanks

19. Aqui

Aqui New Member

Dear Reader,

I have a diploma in drinking beer and I like knitwear.

Best regards,
    J.

1 person likes this.
  20. jwhendy

jwhendy New Member

Just signed up. I'm almost 30 and only recently really started to care about "fashion" -- well, more about fit, to be precise. In high school and college, I did a lot of thrift shopping and would be things that "sort of" worked primarily for the deal. I've come around immensely to seeing the value in feeling confident in how you look and being willing to pay for something that fits well the first time, and enjoying that decision.

In googling around for tips and tricks, I stumble on this forum a lot and hope to learn more, ask for input, etc. I'm married with kids and don't have a huge budget. Much of what gets discussed here is far outside my price range -- I wear Levi's 501s most of the time, but have started building up some khaki/chinos with 2 pairs of J Crew chinos and to two recently acquired Dockers Alpha khakis.

Thanks for having me.
    John