• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CodaQuest

Reaction score
Hi,

Bill here. I've been browsing this forum for a few years, never had the guts to post anything. A lot of great info. Today will be my first post inviting a critique.

Thanks,

Bill/Coda

techstyles

Reaction score
Hi all

I like Edward Green shoes, Drake's ties, Barba shirts, and custom suits. I almost never wear a pocket square. :/

Once I moved to Europe I started paying full retail - before that 50% was my hurdle. Now I have less space, so I only want a few nice things.

I like art and used to make a living as a musician. I am not a fan of entertainment.

I dress in a suit daily, but some of my favorite times are spent in flipflops and board shorts.

I do not post too often... but I have been around for a little while.

Recommendation to newbies? Wait until you find your fit before you go big on a wardrobe...

noperyan

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Ryan. I am still learning this whole thing called style
nest.gif

pe3brain

Reaction score
I'm pe3brain, I am a college freshman almost done with my first year I live in Minnesota. I am mostly looking for advice I wear a 31-32 by 30 jean and wear preppier stuff except I LOVE raw denim and try to mix those in whenever I can, mostly wear JCrew and Uniqlo stuff.

lobkowicz

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Bernhard Lobkowicz. I live in Trento, Italy.

I'm 26. I have a BA in Computer Science and I'm studying to obtain a MA in Communication Design in Venice.

Nice to meet you all.

B. L.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Hello. New member here. My name is Russ. I have a serious shoe addiction and came across this forum while doing some research on a couple US made show companies. This forum has been quite informative so far. I hope to enjoy my stay.

Moonchild

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Julien, living in France, of white french (father) and black african (mother descent). I'm 26 years old employee / part-time student.
I discovered this forum by accident while searching some references for white buck shoes (and l still haven't found average-priced one ... size 8 US /UK 7... lf someone can help
wink.gif
).
l'm relatively new to the clothing world (for a year now), thanks to my big brother for introducing me to this sect...
l'm interested in different types or looks, from preppy to ninja-samurai stuff, and l alternate these looks depending on my mood. l also have a huge interest in music , mainlt 70s 80s pop-rock-soul-new wave stuff and some current stuff (Twin Shadow, Mayer Hawthorne, Van Hunt..). style icons being David Bowie, Prince as well... Maybe l'll post some musical creations here some time hehehe
shog[1].gif
l love reading too, drawing (i draw most of my outfits before wearing them, and l'm trying some designing too...)... Whoever had the idea of this site, l thank him and the many contributors here who helped me improve my style...

and l hope to stay around here for a long time !

cheers!

Last edited:

monkeynuts

Reaction score
hi all.

been lurking for a few weeks. this site has really helped me out alot recently. thanks to everyone.

-mnuts.

Raist

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I found this forum while doing some research on AE's shoes. Just to answer the normal questions when I join a forum, I built the bike in my avatar from a Yamaha V-Star 1100. Had a lot of fun on it but sold it a couple of years ago. Still love the bike though so I still use it as my avatar.

AndrewDoesHair

Reaction score
Hi. New here.

I've been contemplating joining a style forum for a while, and I finally pulled the trigger. I don't know if I can call myself "fashionable" but I can say that I only buy the highest quality available to me, and I buy American made for like 90% of my clothing. I'm pretty big on vintage clothing, Arrow button down shirts, old military jackets and boots, etc.

I have been specializing in men's haircutting for the past 10 years, and I teach it from time to time at cosmetology and barbering schools. I have to warn you that I can be pretty argumentative about this subject, especially if I'm opposing an opinion by someone who isn't a hair stylist/cutter/colorist/etc. But I honestly just want to help anyone who has questions for me.

Aside from cutting hair, I am a vintage motorbike enthusiast, and I am restoring/building/riding a few British bikes and universal Japanese motorcycles. I also build electric guitars from scratch- mostly Fender Jazzmaster and Jaguar replicas.

I hope you guys can gain from what I can offer around here.

Thanks!

corhart

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I'm a 38-year-old married father of two small children living in the South currently. I'm a dermatologist and have a deep appreciation for fine fabrics, exquisite tailoring and beautiful places, clothing, people and events. I've often sought advice on different pieces through the years and was so frequently referred to Styleforum.net via google that I decided to join the group. I just picked up my first bespoke suit yesterday, a gorgeous Zegna. I look forward to learning from and getting to know you all.

CLH

burgess007

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Michael, just turned 30 this year, and am currently a marketing consultant working in New York. I've been engaged for a little over a year now, but with work and everything, we still haven't set a date. I've been building up my clothing collection over the last several years, and I think it's starting to get pretty respectable. My favorite right now is an Armani two button suit that I wear every chance I get. Suits tend to be my mainstay, since formal or business casual goes over better for my line of work.

Anyway, I'm also big into music. I've played drums off and on since high school, less so now that I'm so busy with work and life and everything. Mostly rock, but I've had a thing for punk since forever, which most people who meet me would never guess.

My biggest dream at the moment is to splurge on an Aston Martin DB9, but I'm having a hard time justifying making the buy while I'm still stuck in the city. Doesn't seem worth it until I get a chance to relocate someplace kinder to cars... (Seattle or LA maybe?)

Well, enough about me for now. Looking forward to diving in to these forums, it looks like I'll be able to find plenty of things right up my alley!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads