Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Nesta

Nesta New Member

Hello, i'm Nesta and i've just arrived at the Style Forum.

I love shoes, hand made ones of the Goodyear welted variety, largely created in my neighboring county of Northamptonshire, UK, the home of the proper shoe.

Brogues, Monks, Oxfords, Chelseas, Chukkas, leather soles, Dainite soles, caring for them, polishing them, enjoying them. Oh, and trainers too, especially retro ones from my childhood era when trainers like Reebok Pump and Air Max were everything. But I mainly wear shoes now as i'm that bit older!

That said, i'm here to learn lots more about how to look my best as a 30 something and probably also learn to spend more money...

Nesta.

2. gkarren13

gkarren13 Member

I'm Gregg. Just a poor college student with a taste for some of the finer things in life ;) there are few things (material things I suppose) that I love more than a well-cut suit or a nice pair of wingtips. ... Which basically sums up what I spend my paychecks on. I've gotten a lot of tips on shoe care, style etc. from the forum so thanks!

3. CodaQuest

CodaQuest Member

Hi,

Bill here. I've been browsing this forum for a few years, never had the guts to post anything. A lot of great info. Today will be my first post inviting a critique.

Thanks,

Bill/Coda

4. techstyles

techstyles Senior member

Hi all

I like Edward Green shoes, Drake's ties, Barba shirts, and custom suits. I almost never wear a pocket square. :/

Once I moved to Europe I started paying full retail - before that 50% was my hurdle. Now I have less space, so I only want a few nice things.

I like art and used to make a living as a musician. I am not a fan of entertainment.

I dress in a suit daily, but some of my favorite times are spent in flipflops and board shorts.

I do not post too often... but I have been around for a little while.

Recommendation to newbies? Wait until you find your fit before you go big on a wardrobe...

5. noperyan

noperyan New Member

Hey, I'm Ryan. I am still learning this whole thing called style [​IMG]

6. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior member

I'm pe3brain, I am a college freshman almost done with my first year I live in Minnesota. I am mostly looking for advice I wear a 31-32 by 30 jean and wear preppier stuff except I LOVE raw denim and try to mix those in whenever I can, mostly wear JCrew and Uniqlo stuff.

7. lobkowicz

lobkowicz Member

Hello,

I'm Bernhard Lobkowicz. I live in Trento, Italy.

I'm 26. I have a BA in Computer Science and I'm studying to obtain a MA in Communication Design in Venice.

Nice to meet you all.

B. L.

8. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Hello. New member here. My name is Russ. I have a serious shoe addiction and came across this forum while doing some research on a couple US made show companies. This forum has been quite informative so far. I hope to enjoy my stay.

9. Moonchild

Moonchild Senior member

Hi, I'm Julien, living in France, of white french (father) and black african (mother descent). I'm 26 years old employee / part-time student.
    I discovered this forum by accident while searching some references for white buck shoes (and l still haven't found average-priced one ... size 8 US /UK 7... lf someone can help [​IMG]).
    l'm relatively new to the clothing world (for a year now), thanks to my big brother for introducing me to this sect...
    l'm interested in different types or looks, from preppy to ninja-samurai stuff, and l alternate these looks depending on my mood. l also have a huge interest in music , mainlt 70s 80s pop-rock-soul-new wave stuff and some current stuff (Twin Shadow, Mayer Hawthorne, Van Hunt..). style icons being David Bowie, Prince as well... Maybe l'll post some musical creations here some time hehehe [​IMG] .
    l love reading too, drawing (i draw most of my outfits before wearing them, and l'm trying some designing too...)... Whoever had the idea of this site, l thank him and the many contributors here who helped me improve my style...

and l hope to stay around here for a long time !

cheers!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013

10. hohenheim

hohenheim New Member

Graduating from r/malefashionadvice, glad to join you guys!

11. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

hi all.

been lurking for a few weeks. this site has really helped me out alot recently. thanks to everyone.

-mnuts.

12. roselie

roselie New Member

:)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013

13. Momoguy

Momoguy New Member

Deleted

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013

14. Raist

Raist Active Member

Hello everyone. I found this forum while doing some research on AE's shoes. Just to answer the normal questions when I join a forum, I built the bike in my avatar from a Yamaha V-Star 1100. Had a lot of fun on it but sold it a couple of years ago. Still love the bike though so I still use it as my avatar.

15. AndrewDoesHair

AndrewDoesHair Well-Known Member

Hi. New here.

I've been contemplating joining a style forum for a while, and I finally pulled the trigger. I don't know if I can call myself "fashionable" but I can say that I only buy the highest quality available to me, and I buy American made for like 90% of my clothing. I'm pretty big on vintage clothing, Arrow button down shirts, old military jackets and boots, etc.

I have been specializing in men's haircutting for the past 10 years, and I teach it from time to time at cosmetology and barbering schools. I have to warn you that I can be pretty argumentative about this subject, especially if I'm opposing an opinion by someone who isn't a hair stylist/cutter/colorist/etc. But I honestly just want to help anyone who has questions for me.

Aside from cutting hair, I am a vintage motorbike enthusiast, and I am restoring/building/riding a few British bikes and universal Japanese motorcycles. I also build electric guitars from scratch- mostly Fender Jazzmaster and Jaguar replicas.

I hope you guys can gain from what I can offer around here.

Thanks!