1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Quiglejm

Quiglejm Member

Hi SFers, I'm Matt and am joining in order to bolster my knowledge about where to buy suits and dress shirts and what to look for in construction quality. I'm in the process of transitioning my wardrobe from grad-school casual to NYC business casual, and I've found the opinions of members on the forum to be tremendously valuable as I begin the journey. Looking forward to a long tenure on SF!

2. dbechtel

dbechtel New Member

Hello all, I'm Dave, a style newbie looking to broaden my horizons as I head off to college this fall. I'm mostly interested in what most would consider casual attire, as I'm not attending a Southern school and don't desire to look too out of place. Looking forward to finding advice pertaining to smart shopping (college-budget friendly) and sprucing up everyday outfits.

3. 33rd

33rd New Member

Hello stylemen&women,

I'm 33rd, from the 3000.

For those who know postcodes, it's Melbourne, Australia.

Don't be afraid to ask if Kangaroos pounce innocent bystanders and if Koalas smoke pot.

(They do. I can answer many more questions and I appreciate it if y'all would answer mine)

4. bigtoy

bigtoy Member

Hey folks;
    I'm an Australian resident, old enough to have seen styles come and go, then come back again.
    I appreciate strong design and quality workmanship, especially shoes and suits.
    ps. And drop bears and punchy kangaroos do exist!

1 person likes this.
  5. MatthewG18

MatthewG18 Active Member

Hey Guys, I've been here for like about two months now, i am an aussie :D . I'm a high school student current completing year 11, i feel i know a bit about men's apparel and what looks good.

6. z boy

z boy New Member

I'm Z Boy. I'm am average guy, not flashy or high profile. However, I love to travel the world. I like sneakers similar to that Converse or PF Flyers style. Basically, I'm a chill kind of guy.
    Peace,
    Z Boy

7. pierofilpi

pierofilpi New Member

Hey I'm Piero, I'm a college student and a custom clothier for a company called AMBespoke. I also just created a style blog, it's http://dressingdapper.wordpress.com/ check it out when you get the chance! I'm excited to see everything this website has to offer.

8. robrobrob

robrobrob New Member

Hi

I found this site by googling again and again what the deal with brown shoes and navy suit is

I still am not sure what the right answer is and bought black shoes instead

best,
    rob

9. erranttraveler

erranttraveler New Member

Hi All,

I'm Erranttraveler and I just moved to Hong Kong and decided to take the plunge and join up now that I'm in a city where I feel I can afford to delve into the world of custom tailored clothing. This site has been an invaluable resource, and I look forward to taking part in the discussions here.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  10. grubi

grubi New Member

I'm grubi, a 39-year-old IT guy in Tallahassee, FL. I have two kids, three cats, and one wife. I got into dressing like a grownup about three years ago and have gone through the major stages: over-enthusiastic peacocking, frustrated size issues, readjusting, losing weight, and finally, getting better.

I work in environment in which t-shirts and shorts are acceptable work attire, but I have found myself preferring to wear button-up shirts (big fan of OCBDs), corduroys/chinos/jeans, and nice casual shoes (bucks, chucks, and brogues). I have found the value of owning multiple watches (it's more jewelry than timepiece), found myself getting more into shoes, and I've always been a hat guy. My wife and I have recently lost a lot of weight (ask me how someday) and we had to buy whole new wardrobes. Our combined experience and tastes (and her Jedi-like penchant for finding a bargain) find us in the planning stages for our own style-and-shopping consultation business, hoping to help people look great.

I hope to learn a lot here, get some great ideas (inspiration!), and hopefully make some friends. When it comes to style, I have my loyalties and preferences, but I love a good discussion. Thanks.

11. Henny BKK

Henny BKK New Member

Hi,

Have been lurking on here for quite a while and decided to become a member and contribute.

I am a US expat professional living in Bangkok, Thailand for the last 22 years. Love clothes and but put on a lot of weight living the "easy life" in Thailand. Down 120 pounds and now can wear off the rack clothes again and out of control purchasing clothing. Favorite shopping is online and Sawgrass outlet. .

Take care,

12. Louisechris

Louisechris New Member

Hello, every guy , I am happy to come here enjoy fashion, I am a big big fashion fan! Let us share fashion!!

13. w101

w101 New Member

Hello,

Pleasured to be there. Fashion enthusiast, also very into art and music. Located in Warsaw, Poland, Europe.
    Nice to meet you guys.

14. jjmathews202

jjmathews202 New Member

hey all, jjmathews202 here.

i'm a college student who has been pretty interested in dressing sharp ever since I can remember, but i've really turned up the heat a bit since i've been at college. I love a pair of slim jeans, and am just foraying into the world of suiting and dress clothes.

Excited to be here!
    -JJ

15. despairingmum

despairingmum New Member

Hi all,

I'm despairingmum, from the UK. I joined the site in June 2013 after trying to find out more about a vintage pair of Ray Ban sunglasses and finding out a vintage Ray Ban expert is a menber on this site.

That being said i'm really interested about what it is you guys do here and am hoping to be a very active member on the site.

thanks alot

despairingmum

16. Marlowe1939

Marlowe1939 New Member

I'm Marlowe - I do all sorts of styles. I frequent thrift stores and sales racks. Whatever is comfortable and looks nice I will wear.

17. wish90

wish90 New Member

Hi, Im tina. 25. I just joined recently. Just really looking for answers to build up my confidence in insecurities about myself. So just asking for others thoughts and such. I plan to stay a part of the site for awhile though :) !!

18. StreekG

StreekG Member

Just joined. Hi all :)

Australian resident here, i live in Melbourne.
    I've undergone somewhat of a transformation since the end of March, with regards to the clothes i wear, i didn't completely change my direction, however the change i have made is for the better. Now i'm always on the lookout for new clothes to build up my current set of staples and what not. Look forward to chatting with you all.

19. Pongy

Pongy Member

Hi All

Used the site extensively as a guest reading on advice on purchasing a bespoke suit in London.

Mid 20s born and bred in London. Only recently started enjoying the finer sartorial things in life.

Have just posted pictures in one of my threads showing my baste fitting, would be grateful for any feedback!

P

20. NickInTO

NickInTO Senior member

Hey All,

I'm Nick, 30, born and bred in Toronto (if my username didn't make it clear). I work in television journalism, which means I can't afford most of what's posted here. Mainly looking to steal some ideas and tips and get an idea of what to look out for in case I see anything mentioned on sale.

Cheers.