Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RoyalTS

RoyalTS Member

Hello,

I joined a few days ago and I am blown away by what's going on here.
    I'm all about thrifting and that unbelievable deal.
    Shoes, Suits, Shirts ...

Beeing born and raised in Germany I'm not a native speaker and i hope i don't get in trouble for not knowing some of the abbrevations.

Thanks

T

2. JimC

JimC Member

Hello All,
    New member here and first post.
    I'm a late thirties guy who lives in Perth, Australia, and I've joined your great site to pick your brains in the lead-up to my wedding in May.
    I have pretty classical (some might say beige) tastes and love to dress well. Climate and work conspire against this however, and see me in heavy PPE or shorts and thongs (or whatever you guys want to call them) but what better excuse than a wedding to buck that usual trend.
    I look forward to learning heaps.
    Thanks,
    James

3. Julie

Julie New Member

Hello,
    Thank you for this site, I find it very helpful and useful in my research of menswear and fashion.
    Men's fashion is my passion and I work for a men's haberdashery in Chicago.
    I believe your wardrobe is a serious investment and should fit your body and lifestyle.
    I consider myself very lucky to perform the due diligence, on behalf of my clients, in order to find quality clothing, shoes, and accessories that fit their wants and needs.
    It's all in the details and quality feels good.
    Once you wear a pair of Corgi socks and Alden shoes, it will all make sense...

Thanks
    Julie

4. mvxwell

mvxwell Member

hi, my name is -- you guessed it -- mvxwell.

if you can't figure out my given name from my handle, we probably won't be friends.

i am a firm believer in retail therapy -- it's the only therapy that is guaranteed to work 100% of the time -- particularly for hangovers.

i am a sucker for leather accents and, well, leather in general. but s&m creeps me out.

if you're opinionated, we have something in common. but it's important to admit when you are (or i am) wrong.

5. LeeTGD

LeeTGD Member

Hi,

Just signed up here. I'm the store manager of an online menswear store in London called The Great Divide.

Interested in variety of brands and styles.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013

6. ricksuttle

ricksuttle New Member

Rick here. I live in Charlottesville VA where I've settled after 10 years in Manhattan. I have a wife & 2 year old son who keep me pretty busy. I've developed a fetish for fine cordovan shoes which led me here. I'm in the process of building a respectable wardrobe & look forward to getting feedback here. Cheers.

7. ukdan9

ukdan9 New Member

Hello All,

Just a quick hello and thank you so far for all the info contributed to this site. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

8. villedeguy

villedeguy New Member

Hey guys,
    I'm Guy. Lurked here for a while, and the osmosis got me geared up nicely for my wedding last September. Really love the place and wanted to jump in.
    Cheers!

9. farfangled

farfangled Member

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this whole sphere, and am here to get some advice. I hope I don't prove to be too much of a nuisance.

10. biged781

biged781 Senior member

Well, I've been a lurker around here for long enough. My name's Ed and I'm currently in southern California. Just began ramping up my wardrobe (about to hit 30, probably time) and learning how quality garments are actually created (who knew all of my previous suits were glued together? Not I). Anyway, thanks everyone for all of the great info you've assembled here.

11. dy1719

dy1719 New Member

Hey everyone. I am glad I finally stumbled upon this forum! I've been trying to improve my wardrobe for the past couple of years and have made slow but I believe steady progress. :) Hopefully I can learn a few things on here!

12. ORNCKG

ORNCKG New Member

My name is ORN, I actually have a vagina, literally and figuratively, but I'm pretty much a dick. I'm a freelance online troll, but I also love style forum because I've had an OBSESSION with jeans since I was 11 years old, and judging that I've had the physique of a fat model ( 5'10" 130 lbs) since 7th grade, I could never find jeans that fit, and I mean NEVER. These discussions help me figure out what I'm looking for, and I've been a pretty huge skank for a boyfriend jean since foreverrrr, soooo it all works out.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013

13. Sarks

Sarks New Member

Hey, Sarks here. I've lurked for about half a year, and while I'm comfortable with my style as it is, I'm always looking for new things to consider, new things to try. My wardrobe has been improving gradually, though not steadily, during the time I spent lurking, and I feel I am well versed enough to only ask stupid questions 90% of the time.

14. backson

backson New Member

added to my list of places to pass time. not much of a style / fashion junkie, but from some of the pics posted in the waywt seems many others aren't either... [​IMG]

luckily there's lots of other entertaining things to read and discuss here.

15. McClarron

McClarron New Member

Mikey is the name, I go by my last name as my first name at times as well, which is McClarron. I enjoy fashion for a number of different reason. Working in the industry as a Marketing Director for a streetwear brand, I'm naturally enamored in that specific area, but I'm a follower of high fashion trends and designers as well. I'm on Styleforum now to get new perspectives, opinions, outlooks, ideas, etc. from like minded individuals, as well as hopefully give some constructive input that may help others looking to further their knowledge. Cheers

Best,
    Mikey =!=