Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. europrep

europrep Senior member

Hi all,

I have been reading SF more and more over the past year and finally decided to join. All the advice and tips from the knowledgable members has been greatly appreciated and I have enjoyed purchases from members like Howard Yount, Kent Wang, Luxire, and Andrew Lock.

I am in my early 30s and live in Boston, but recently spent two years in Europe where I started to truly develop my style. I look forward to learning much more from this forum.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

2. Toffee

Toffee Active Member

Ditto. I have also been a frequent visitor but never took the effort to sign up.

Great site, feels good to be on board.

3. TB82

TB82 Active Member

Long time lurker here from Belgium.
    Clothingwise I like: MTM jackets/suits/shirts, (vintage) watches, Alden boots,...

4. Suit Beaut

Suit Beaut New Member

New here and fairly new to mens fashion. I'm a rapidly growing fan of the suited lifestyle. I'm from the East Coast of Canada. Aside from mens fashion my other interests include cars, sports, food and drink, travel and generally living a happy, healthy(ish) life.
    Just stumbled upon the site so I probably won't be too active until I get to reading through what's here already.
    Cheers.

5. LogicProduction

LogicProduction New Member

I'm Rahim. I'm a Freshman in High School. I'm a music producer and I've decided to vamp up my style. I noticed that when I wear certain things I get a different reaction from friends. Cant wait to start.

6. Varmant

Varmant Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. Glad to be here. New to the forum but not new to the world of fine clothing.
    I look forward to contributing and being a member of this fine forum.
    Cheers!

7. katastrofa

katastrofa Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm a Pole living in London. I work in finance. I became interested in men's classic fashion because my work requires it and also because my wife couldn't stand any more me looking so shabby as I did ;-) I'm a newly converted English shoe fan, but also interested in other stuff (suits, shirts, ties...).

8. itsthepaulice

itsthepaulice Member

New member living in Vancouver, not too styles are showcased aside from from the usual multi-coloured tech gear to combat the weather. A bunch of styles in the SW&D WAYWT have caught my eye and so I hope to learn a little about each.

As for my own style, I'm looking forward to digging into the archives in search of anything related japanese street fashion, despite it being such a vague categorization of a multitude of styles.

9. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

First post. Hmmm...I'm a man and like most multi gazillionaires I put my pants on 1 leg at a time. I own many pairs of shoes. An ex used to call me Mel Marcos, Immelda Marcos twin brother. She also said something was wrong with me because I owned more shoes than her. It seems we were destined to part. And we did. [​IMG]

Anyway I'm a computer weenie, a father, I'm a avid/rabid motorcyclist, a former soccer player and current owner of a small-medium sized gut. Cheers!

10. Scalable

Scalable Member

I suppose I should go through the motions and make my first post here (despite, it seems, the fact that nobody other than the occasional admin and most new users ever look at this thread).

Hello, everybody.

I'm a full-time student, and I hail from the frozen wastelands of the North. I've been reading through these forums for quite some time before I made this account, so I hope I will not be as green as many other users (though I am, no doubt, still very much so). My discovery of this forum coincided with a rising interest in what I wore - earlier, I was your typical t-shirt and jeans kind of guy who had baggy mall-shirts, terrible trainers and perhaps a single pair of chinos and a black polyester suit bought from some cheap store in an age long past.

I am, currently, working to simultaneously build my wardrobe, succeed and amaze academically and get (further) into shape. It's a bit of a juggle, but it's all exciting.

Cheers.

11. duke1980

duke1980 New Member

Hi,

My name is Bob. I am a teacher of AP and IB English. I also have taught in college and even was sent by the US to England as a teacher and representative of the US. I used to collect medieval paintings--now I have (too) many ties.

I am curious about Leonard Paris ties. I own one and love fine ties. I haven't the money to buy them retail however. On the internet when one looks for Leonard Paris ties a series of images appear, The first and most beautiful, shows simple floral ties that are exquisite. Does anywhere know where I can find Leonard Paris ties such as these? I do watch Ebay. Any other suggestions? Any time the company itself has sales?

Thanks for reading,

Bob

12. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Woops! Double post.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

13. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

As a fellow biker i'm curious as to what you use for casual riding? Favorite denim brands?
    I was thinking of getting me some red wing boots for the road.

14. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Can't provide any help on your tie question. Thought i should get that out of the way. I am curious ,however, as to how you style yourself. I am starting my first year in College to become an English professor and I imagine myself adopting the tweed jacket look.

15. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

New member here. Just bought my first tailored suit (suitsupply) and came across the forum while reserching shoe brands to finish the look.
    I'm a big fan of wool. I'm not too big on silk ties, not my thing. I do have a 50/50 wool/silk tie that I enjoy very much. I go for a more contemporary look so that means thinner ties, slimmer suits, and funky socks showing.

Help on a double monk brand decision would be much appreciated. (Meermin vs. Magnanni)