1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Hello folks. I am jpeirpont or Jamar(a) in real life. I have been a member for a long time but have never really contributed much to the forum, except maybe knee jerk reactions to threads about race. On that note I believe I was both the second black person and person from Connecticut to join and the site's original militant negro. I like reading men's clothing and the food threads most. There are some great people on the site, most of which will help you if you contact them through PM.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  2. Fishandsalt

Fishandsalt New Member

hi mark here new guy from boston.very happy to become member of this forum.looking forward to get more advise.

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

hai mark...

4. byte

byte Member

Hello I'm byte which is a unit of information equivalent to eight bits.

I'm a lot of things, but most relevant to this forum I am interesting in fashion and style... As an artsy type I find I have a pretty good handle on being able to eye aesthetics and what looks good without being able to identify any technical detail about my reasoning, so I guess I'm here to learn.

19, in college for electrical engineering, past times include drugs and the clarinet.

5. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Hello, long time lurker from sunny Perth, Western Australia. Not too many options when it comes to clothing here. 23 years old, trying to get my life back together.

Happy NYE.

6. businessformal

businessformal Member

Hi, I've been an occasional lurker in the men's clothing forum for a couple of years who finally chipped in with a couple of posts last year.
    Now I find myself drifting away from another forum where I have been an active poster and spending more time around here.

I'm based in downtown Chicago now but with an eclectic geographic history.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  7. Vloed

Vloed Member

Hello!

I made my first post here after being lazy and not even looking for a thread like this.

My name is Michael and I study philosophy in Sheffield, England. I've only recently taken an interest in style. My 'gateway' was frustration at the lifespan of cheap quality clothing, particularly jeans and shoes. I realised that even though I was spending little on these things, I'd need replacements all too soon and I didn't get good value for money even while they did last. It became clear that although I'm on a limited student budget, if I make good decisions, I can justify spending more on individual items. I started thinking about my clothing more and taking more of an interest. So I am in the process of building a wardrobe of quality items on my limited means. So far this has mainly meant speculative ebay purchases - I've not yet built enough of an instinct to confidently buy online - and a few snatches from the limited sales in Sheffield.

I'm getting there slowly, and I look forward to benefiting from your collective knowledge!

Vloed

8. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

hai vloed!!!

9. ettebe

ettebe Senior member

I know I should have done this, before posting a dozen or so times. Plus I am not good at introducing myself, feels like I am at a meeting or something.

Hi. I am a 25 from Canada. Studied fashion design for many years. My background is mostly womenswear and children's wear, but now I'am working for a company, sourcing fabrics for our ties and other various products. I am not a big fan of wearing suits, give me a nice pair of pants and a great shirt and I am happy as can be. Most of the time, I do not dress the part as a fashion designer. In my spare time, I enjoy traveling and playing the stock market.

One thing is for certain, when I have a chance, I will be getting a bespoke suit made from Ariston cloth.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  10. Joakeen

Joakeen Member

Hello folks,

Joaquin here. Been lurking for quite some time but I'd like to participate a bit more. I live in Chicago, where I attend grad school. Other than paying for rent, meals and other necessities I pretty much spend my few bucks left on shoes and coats. I enjoy thrifting and all types of bargains.

Some of my favorite brands are: Barbour, Grenson, Persol, Woolrich, Filson, Alden, Levi's and the occasional Ralph Lauren.

I also have a vintage shop on Etsy, where I sell those treasures I find but do not fit me.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/IndigoTribe

11. doc dogg

doc dogg Member

Hi everyone,

I'm Scott from Canberra in Australia. I've been lurking on the site the last few days at work and thought I'd come in and ask a few questions and join in on the fun.

12. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

howdee.....

13. Friday

Friday Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm Joe, new member from San Diego. Like a lot of people I lurked for a while and saw so much great stuff that I decided it was time to drop in and start participating. Looking forward to being part of the forum.

-J

14. yuwolly

yuwolly New Member

Hey. I've been lurking around here for about a year but now I want to start using B&S forums. I'm a nineteen-year-old from Chicago but now at college in St. Louis.

15. Jessika Brown

Jessika Brown New Member

16. robie

robie New Member

Hello, my name is Andrew. I found this forum after a weekend of trying on suits. I'm trying to find a quality suit to get married in.

It is great to hear the opinions on quality to help narrow down my search. I wear a suit maybe 5-10 times a year so it sounds like any of the decent brands will last me a while.

17. wrwelch13

wrwelch13 New Member

hello all,
    I am Welch and am in the process of starting a new business, planning a wedding and moving 600 miles. AKA insane. I am a clothes horse. I wear suits most days of the week and have Canali, HSM, Samuelsohn, Corbin, Copley, and Jack Victor in my closet. I own north of 200 ties (XMI, JZ Richards, Robert Talbot, etc.) I should own stock in Cole Haan, but enjoy To Boot New York and Bruno Magli as well. I shop locally when possible and Nordstroms otherwise. (Buckelew's in Montgomery, AL). Scott Barber, Peter Milar, Worn, AG, Orvis, Filson, Woolrich, make up much of my casual attire.

I am not well versed in the message board effort other than SEC football message boards, so bear with me.

18. MisterAndre

MisterAndre Member

What's up. I'm Andre...new here, and recommended by Self Edge as a cool site and good place for buying and selling.

19. BobL

BobL Member

Hello everyone,
    My name is Maverick and I am just 26 years old.I am from New York city and running my own real estate company.I am here for getting interact with other people who are into buying and selling of clothing and other stuff.I hope you guys will enjoy my company here..!! :)
    http://www.chicagorealestatedream.com/edgewater-condo/

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  20. wridzuan

wridzuan Member

hi guys ,i'm Ridzuan. what a nice forum here and i really enjoyed it as much as i enjoyed breaking in my raw selvedge LVC 1947, NUDIE average joe, REPLAY selvedge and some Jap denim EVISU and DENIME. looking for more infos on PRPS and RRL, thanks!!!