Interview with Mina Adamo and Dino Romano of Napolisumisura, Part I

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Feb 6, 2013.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Huh, interesting. My parents immigrated from Taiwan back in the 60's. We've always celebrated Thanksgiving. Of course, in addition to turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc., we add Chinese things like roast duck, sticky rice, and egg rolls. And we always have a whole fish for good luck. And a ham--because nobody actually likes eating the turkey. In other words, way too much food.

This thing with taking photos of food is not strictly an Asian thing. It's a yuppie thing. Lots of yuppies are Asian.

Absolutely agreed. I would be less concerned about what people call "real" Neapolitan, which can mean so many things, and rather learn about what different noteworthy tailors in Naples have done. Then you can make an informed decision about what you want.

They are always irregular in shape, and this amount of char might be a tad bit more than typical, but you do want the char.

2. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Damn, that sounds incredible...

And +1 to the char love. That's half the point. Example above is a bit much, but no char = no flavor.

3. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Her favorite pizza is Starita, and they've opened one in NY in Midtown. Iv'e been an it's not bad .

4. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

Hard to believe fro top photo, but the bottom side was not burned. I was worried too since my 5 year old is going through an extremely picky stage. But, no issues.

For me, the char is part of the love. Italians love bitterness.