• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

interview with bespoke shoemaker Norman Vilalta during the London trunk Show

KidKoa

Reaction score
I recently purchased shoes from the ready-to-wear collection of Norman Vilalta of Barcelona Spain in the fall of 2017. The shoes are from his No. 5 collection. A pair of Oxford Cap Toe in mid-brown. I am writing to share my experience with Norman.

Norman did not have my size when I visited his showroom but he offered to produce a pair in my size for about 900 euros. He said he had the style/size that I wanted in crusted leather, which is undyed leather and could easily produce one for me within two weeks. I had tried on other styles with the same last in my size so I was comfortable that the sizing would fit. I coordinated this purchase after I return from Barcelona. Norman was very communicative throughout the process but especially when he was asking for payment.

When I received the shoes I noticed the quality to be exceptionally poor. The leather was dyed poorly; there was clumpiness with the polish and scratches on both shoes. Most worrisome was the bulge along the counter of the left shoe. I sent photos of these problems (see attached) to Norman and requested his explanation on what happened.

Getting Norman to contact me was a herculean effort. I left numerious phone, text and email messages for Norman and it literally took several weeks of pestering him before he contacted me. He acknowledged the problems were real and chalked it up to poor quality control on the part of this staff. He won't accept a return and refund me. He offered to make me a second pair at no charge but said I would have to wait several months for this. Frankly I am not sure he would come through with this offer given his poor track record with me. The quality of his shoes was poor and his customer service atrocious

Does anyone else have any experience with Norman Vilalta? Left shoe bump counter.jpg Left Shoe scratches and bump on counter.jpg Scratches on right shoe.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads