• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interview Tie

jta1188

Reaction score
Which, if any, of these ties would be acceptable for an interview?

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
The second one from the top - light blue.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the job. All of the ties can be worn to an interview, it just depends on the industry. The safest bets across the board would be the top two listed. The Light blue being the best choice.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
#2 or #3. Don't wear paisley unless it's advertising or something. You could also use #1, but I think it's pretty clear that the second one is the best choice.

huy

Reaction score
The light blue one is the best.

Irv

Reaction score
I definitely think all the top 3 are perfectly good for any interview but I would steer clear of the paisley.

If I had to choose just one, I think I would actually go for the 3rd one down! Good luck with getting the job!

jta1188

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses!

Just to clarify, the second tie is actually a lavender color with fine white stripes. The camera didn't quite capture it.
confused.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jta1188
Thanks for the responses!

Just to clarify, the second tie is actually a lavender color with fine white stripes. The camera didn't quite capture it.
confused.gif

Lavender?

Can you make it to a store before the interview?

jta1188

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Lavender?

Can you make it to a store before the interview?

I mean, I could, but do you really think that is necessary? I guess 2-4 could be questionable for some, but I really don't see how #1 could be offensive to anyone...

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What suit are you wearing with it?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jta1188
I mean, I could, but do you really think that is necessary? I guess 2-4 could be questionable for some, but I really don't see how #1 could be offensive to anyone...

You'll likely be fine, but none of these are what I would classify as interview ties.

Perhaps a little more information about what type of interview and the rest of your planned outfit would be warranted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads