• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

interview suit quesion

DaveDr89

Reaction score
David, thanks for the advice and of course the ties. For those of you that haven't check out Sam Hober ties I recommend them highly.

RE statistics classes, yes, people usually struggle through them but often it's partially the instructor's fault since they often do not take the extra effort to make it interesting and connect it to to real world problems.

kuwisdelu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaveDr89
RE statistics classes, yes, people usually struggle through them but often it's partially the instructor's fault since they often do not take the extra effort to make it interesting and connect it to to real world problems.

This is very true. If my first introduction to statistics had been my college classes, I would have never ended up majoring in it. Fortunately, my stats teacher in high school was an incredible guy who knew how to make the material fun and interesting. Unfortunately, not many people are so lucky.

Mr. Caber

Reaction score
From the Tom James website regarding blue pinstripes:

Navy Pinstripe - On those days when you need to have a commanding physical presence, when you want every eye in the room focused on you and your presentation, this is the clear choice. In the language of the late "˜70s, this is the true "power suit". Properly done, it insures that you and your contribution to any meeting will not go overlooked.

I think I agree. Go with the solid.

DaveDr89

Reaction score
Thanks again to all for the advice. Had three interviews in all and ended up going with black shoes and tie #2 (wine color). Only mishap was that my first interview was at breakfast and after showering I realized that I hadn't packed my razor. Got one of those disposable razors from the hotel desk, and proceeded to do an awful shaving job with that which left several nicks. Fortunately they weren't that noticeable after waiting a bit. RE the dress of the interviewers, none had on suits and none were SFers I'm sure, especially the feds. BTW, most of the other candidates having interviews were sporting black suits. got invited for an on-site interview for one of the interviews and still waiting to hear back from the other two.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget fussing and concentrate on what you might say.

Most interviewsers could not give a toss when it comes to making their selection unless you turn up wearing jockey shorts and tuxedo jacket!.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics