Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Interview on Thursday.. Forgot to send thank you email..

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by GreenFrog, Mar 5, 2011.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

So I had a final round interview this past Thursday and I was going to follow up with a Thank You email yesterday. But I completely forgot. Fuck.

The thing is, I was interviewed by 6-8 people, so I was thinking I might be able to spin this by sending a physical note by mail to the office to thank all of them at once. Then, they would get it on Tuesday and understand the 'delay.' At least, that's what I'm thinking/hoping.

Or should I just stick to sending emails to all of them right now, despite it being two days past?

2. mitch561

mitch561 New Member

Think your'e overanalyzing. Not a big deal at all. Get them a physical note by Tuesday. If you don't get a response, follow up with an email a bit later on.

3. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

It's not too late to send a note. The worse thing is to not send one at all.

5. Matt

Matt [email protected]

just send them an email now/Monday morning....how hard is it?

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

yeah i just sent them emails right now.

i tend to be very neurotic over small details haha.

7. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

A thank-you card/note is better than email IMO. Its more formal.

8. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Since you started the other thread about asking when to call...I have to ask: Do you even care about a job? How do you have a final round where you're interviewed by 6-8 people and then forget the next day and then ask on the internet just two days later if it was fine before committing to do it. Waiting two days wasn't bad...in many cases they've already made up their mind...but asking what you did is absurd. Were you going to wait another day and then considering carrier pigeons v. e-mail?

9. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

Were you going to wait another day and then considering carrier pigeons v. e-mail?

[​IMG]

To the OP: slight delay for an interview follow-up is no cause for concern. Good luck.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Since you started the other thread about asking when to call...I have to ask: Do you even care about a job?

How do you have a final round where you're interviewed by 6-8 people and then forget the next day and then ask on the internet just two days later if it was fine before committing to do it. Waiting two days wasn't bad...in many cases they've already made up their mind...but asking what you did is absurd.

Were you going to wait another day and then considering carrier pigeons v. e-mail?

I know.. I know. I actually do remember remembering to email them on Friday, but something got in the way and I forgot to do it. This week has been hell week for me with this interview and midterms on the same day. So come Friday, I was just excited to relax and finally let loose some steam (i.e. sleep in, be lazy, hang out with friends. I don't have classes on Friday). This naturally translated into my being absent-minded when I shouldn't have been.

This time, they told us that they'd extend offers by the end of the MONTH.. so I can only assume that they'll be interviewing other candidates from other schools in the next upcoming weeks.

[​IMG]

To the OP: slight delay for an interview follow-up is no cause for concern. Good luck.

thanks!

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

A thank-you card/note is better than email IMO. Its more formal.

I'm thinking about sending a thank you note after having sent an email, but this time address to the entire office..

6 thank you cards may come off as slightly crazy, right? not to mention, it'd be hard to individualize each one.

12. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

FWIW, i never sent a thank you note. i received job offers.

13. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

FWIW, i never sent a thank you note. i received job offers.

+1. but maybe this is a new day and age...

14. v.freeman

v.freeman Senior member

I was pretty neurotic about sending thank you emails during recruiting. I honestly believe people don't care whether you do or don't.

15. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

I honestly can't say if they care or not, but two things make no sense about the OP. When I interviewed, the two companies and their rounds were the most important things for me at that time in my life. I don't see how if you set an internal alarm to send an email, you forget. It just makes me think you don't care about the job. Waiting a day or two on it's own makes no difference IMO, but asking on the internet does. Hopefully things work out, but evaluating why you're going through these processes might be in order.