• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

interview coming up need advice

james2017

Reaction score
I have a pretty important job interview coming up I'm 18 6'2 about 180lbs I wouldn't say sleek build but between muscular and sleek. This is what I'm working with. https://m.imgur.com/a/DIMCp Now please don't kill me in the comments ! Lol I know it's not the best but I'm unemployed at the moment and I need to look as sharp as possible for this interview it's a very high paying job about 18/hr. The brands I'm wearing are Marc anthony, sonoma, and apt9. Yes I know I have to iron my shirt I just did a quick try on but unfortunately I don't have to many professional looking clothes. Any advice would be great like tips on how to wear it or how to make it look sharper. Thanks.

pepito

Reaction score
What kind of work? The best advice about dressing for a job interview is dress like you already work there. Button that second button.

Maljunulo

Reaction score
OP, please give us your definition of "professional looking clothes".

Last edited:

Jeff FE

Reaction score
For professional clothes, the brands aren't really that important because you aren't really supposed to wear things with big logos. You can get away with wearing cheaper things. I've been taught that for a job interview always wear a suit and tie if you have one.

toplel

Reaction score
I have a pretty important job interview coming up I'm 18 6'2 about 180lbs I wouldn't say sleek build but between muscular and sleek.

With your build I'd skip the interview & find a sugar mommy

ChrisTheMan

Reaction score
I was stressing about the same thing a couple weeks back. I was applying to a position in a laid back startup company so I decided to go with an easy going but neat, rather than too formal, outfit (jeans and a blazer). But different jobs value different attires. Just make sure that you feel confident in whatever you decide to wear, that's a major key to success. ;) Here's a pretty good guide for what to wear to a job interview: https://classymencollection.com/blogs/mens-fashion-guide/how-to-dress-for-a-job-interview

Mannerheim

Reaction score
Except for creative jobs, your clothes aren't supposed to stand out too much during an interview, staying boring with light blue/white shirt, navy suit and simple tie might be a good option
Never tried it but some relative went to the company a week before the interview and chatted with the reception people to know more about the habits... Didn't worked too bad apparently

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads