• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interview attire- for a small timer.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay guys I quit my 250k job as it made my life too easy. Now I'm interviewing for a pizza place.
peepwall[1].gif
What to wear was not specified.

I have a charcoal suit, but that just seems wrong in a way, over dressing it seems. I'm thinking, white button up w/ simple tie, tucked into khaki slacks. For shoes I have light brown or burgundy wintips with broguing, or some black cap toes. Any ideas?

Sorry for the dumb threak, but you guys have no samll questions thread for some reason.

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Okay guys I quit my 250k job as it made my life too easy. Now I'm interviewing for a pizza place.
peepwall[1].gif
What to wear was not specified.

How do the people who work there now dress?
I have a charcoal suit, but that just seems wrong in a way, over dressing it seems. I'm thinking, white button up w/ simple tie, tucked into khaki slacks. For shoes I have light brown or burgundy wintips with broguing, or some black cap toes. Any ideas?
Don't wear a necktie without a jacket. It must be common in some kind of business because I see a lot of it, but it looks dreadful. The only way some guys can pull it off is in a punk rock / 80s kind of way ... and most folks much older than I am probably think those guys look like idiots too. If you wear the suit, wear the cap toes. Otherwise, wear the wingtips.
Sorry for the dumb threak, but you guys have no samll questions thread for some reason.
No small questions here; only small timers.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shirt + khakis is perfect. suit is overkill, most people probably go in with tshirt and jeans.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
So, the new job is CFO of Yum! Brands? the owner of PIzza Hut franchise...

svelten

Reaction score
Well in that vein, are we supposed to remove our neckties as well when we remove our jackets? I would say it doesn't hurt to err on the side of caution, even if you may be overdressing as long as you aren't brandishing some $5,000 Brioni. Even if it's a basic admin asst. desk job, you show you care and demonstrate professionalism. I would wear the most humble but well fitted suit you have in your wardrobe, the least flashy watch and simple lace up black shoes...

This is assuming you don't literally mean you're interviewing at a pizza place. If it's anywhere seriously entry-level or blue-collar (ie painter, barista, warehouse, fast food server) I doubt it would matter what you wear to the interview as long as it's not denim + sneakers. Chinos, brown shoes, button down and no tie for those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads