• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Interview at a coffee shop. What should I wear?

cmrocks

Reaction score
I have an interview comming up at a coffee shop, second cup for those familar with the chain. I'm not really sure what to wear. I kind of want to avoid dress pants and a shirt because I don't think that look really fits what they look for in employees.

Normally, I wear jeans, sneakers or driving mocs, sweater with a collared shirt, a cardigan sometimes, hoodies fairly often. I was thinking of just wearing dry denim jeans, suede driving mocs, and a burgandy sweater over top of a white dress shirt. I'm just not sure about wearing jeans to an interview, it seems pretty casual. On the other hand this is a coffee shop, maybe I'm completely over-thinking things?

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
I'm completely over-thinking things?

Probably. Coffee shop is about as casual as it gets. Put on a decent shirt or polo shirt and some clean pants. The only thing I'd stay away from is wearing sneaks. Just look at what the staff wears and step it up a notch. It's more important that they like you than admire your clothing.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.