• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Internship Interview Advice

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Dior Corporate for an internship which is necessary for school. Do you guys think it would be in bad taste to use a Gucci Portfolio? The portfolio is in monogram canvas. I dont have another portfolio, and I need something to put extra copies of my resume in.

Rezigrene

Reaction score
Take marker to any and all Gucci-related things on the portfolio.

You might get by.

shuuy

Reaction score
It's like showing up at GM in a Toyota...
Bringing an HP laptop to Dell...
Wearing FootJoy golf shoes to a Nike golf tournament...

Don't do it!

Plain manila file folder should do

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shuuy
Bringing an HP laptop to Dell...
Wearing FootJoy golf shoes to a Nike golf tournament...

Don't do it!

Plain manila file folder should do

Forget the manila. Show up with this and they will take one look at you make you their CEO.

P1000606.jpg

huy

Reaction score
I wouldn't take it.

Go to Office Depot/Staples and pick up a black portfolio for cheap?

dopamine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spitfire86
You don't have a school insignia portfolio?

Check your college bookstore or supply store. My school sells portfolios with the school insignia on them that look classy for a low price. That would probably be your best bet.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopamine
Check your college bookstore or supply store. My school sells portfolios with the school insignia on them that look classy for a low price. That would probably be your best bet.

+1

I have to admit that I really don't like designer monogramed anything, and think they look really tasteless. Add to that you're interviewing at Dior...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Had to deal with this as in intern in advertising a couple of years ago. Kept calling car rental places in LA until I could get one to promise me a dodge. Usually they tell you the car will be a "Car X or similar" but the boss was headed to a meeting with dodge so it was important to have the right car.

I think it was Budget that ended up letting me reserve a specific car.

danyllau

Reaction score
It would be kinda bad to bring in with such visual branding like monogram anyhow lol.

I know most ppl at the dealerships do not driver their brand, especially when owner own dealership across unrelated brands. Maybe those desperate UAW workers would get them with the deep employee discount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads