• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

internet source for G&G shoes

droy

Reaction score
Hello,

Since there's only a couple of sources in the US and none in Canada, one of which is out of product until the new year and the other only started carrying their shoes this week (limited number of lines). Is their a reliable source via the net?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
doug

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the armoury too

best to see link at the top of the page, if in doubt google

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
the armoury too

But Bespoke England have better price and also free shipping!

Or one always can contact Tony or Dean directly, I think.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you're going to start dropping the cashish on G&G on a regular basis, you should consider flying over to London or NY to try the shoes on and/or get fitted. Or at least call them up to talk over your measurements. Not the kind of purchase you want to make blindly while keeping your fingers crossed on the fit.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
If you're going to start dropping the cashish on G&G on a regular basis, you should consider flying over to London or NY to try the shoes on and/or get fitted. Or at least call them up to talk over your measurements. Not the kind of purchase you want to make blindly while keeping your fingers crossed on the fit.

+1 - G&Gs fit weird, despite the fact that Tony / Dean insist the sizing is the same as EG 888/82.

droy

Reaction score

NY perhaps...but their retailer in NY is presently out of stock. Having said this I've never purchased a set of shoes over the net, and the thought does make me pause...thanks for the help.

droy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
+1 - G&Gs fit weird, despite the fact that Tony / Dean insist the sizing is the same as EG 888/82.

That would figure...

You wouldn't happen to know how their standard UK sizes translate to US sizing? The Bespoke England website list an 8.5US (I"m an 8.5US med.) as either 7.5UK/41.5 or 8UK/42...now I'm really nervous.

Cheers and thanks for the help.

Doug

droy

Reaction score

I emailed Tony regarding sizing but he wasn't able to help...Yep, pretty nervous about this one. Having said this, I can get the G&G's directly from Bespoke with shipping for ~$200Can less than EG's in my town...almost worth the risk.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF needs to pat itself on the back. Every answer to the new member has been pertinent and helpful. No a single snarky response. I dont know what to make of it.
confused.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
SF needs to pat itself on the back. Every answer to the new member has been pertinent and helpful. No a single snarky response.

I dont know what to make of it.
confused.gif

quick add some snark then
nest.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley

Since you mentioned EG, would it be fair to compare G&G's lasts to the following EG, as far as toe shape is concerned:

G&G DG70 smart round = EG 82
G&G TG73 classic square = EG 888
G&G GG06 traditional round = EG202
G&G MH71 soft square = EG606

fomar

Reaction score
i find GG shoes half a size smaller than eg.

i wear eg 6.5E............and GG 7 E............i have several pairs of both......

definitely not the same fit imho !

Originally Posted by droy
Hello,

Since there's only a couple of sources in the US and none in Canada, one of which is out of product until the new year and the other only started carrying their shoes this week (limited number of lines). Is their a reliable source via the net?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
doug

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by droy
I emailed Tony regarding sizing but he wasn't able to help...Yep, pretty nervous about this one. Having said this, I can get the G&G's directly from Bespoke with shipping for ~$200Can less than EG's in my town...almost worth the risk.

Hmm, when I first order my G&G, I gave Dean what size I fit at EG, then he measure my feet, and check with the table, and told me what size I should order. It turn out is my right size AND same size of EG.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads