• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

internet oversea shoes dealer

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being such a cheapstake when it comes to shoes, I would like to know if you can point me to some american based website which will sell quality shoes and ship oversea. I know how hard you feel about the euro/dollar exchange rate, but for me american shoes (Alden, A&E) happen to be surprinsingly cheap (about half the price I would pay for them in paris) .

TIA
.luc

linux_pro

Reaction score
I'm not sure about overseas, but I just picked up a pair of Martegani's from Rider at www.francos.com. His service is excellent, he is very friendly, and I haven't got the shoes yet so I can't speak about the quality, but I have a feeling they are pretty good. I'd deal with him if you can. He is top-notch.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For Alden shoes try either of these two: http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/ http://www.aldenshop.com/ Both send worldwide and have an international clientele. I have had shoes sent from Alden-of-Carmel (Adam Knox) before and I can highly recommend them. I have no experience with the Alden shop in San Francisco, but they have a good reputation. Do not forget that you probably will have to pay customs and Value Added Tax. (Sometimes things slip through.) Currently there is a trade dispute between the US and the EU (I believe it's about American steel subsidies) and there is an additional tax on certain imports (shoes are included), going up by one additional percent every month. Currently it stands at 13 or 14 %, to be reviewed in March, when it might be scrapped. You better get information from French customs about the potential charges. Sometimes a merchant might be willing to declare a lower value, others see that as a suggestion to involve themselves in criminal activities.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try me, I have shipped to many on this forum all over the world, Hong Kong, Belgium, England, Australia, even to a Russian Chap...not to mention one particular French guy.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Being such a cheapstake when it comes to shoes, I would like to know if you can point me to some american based website which will sell quality shoes and ship oversea. I know how hard you feel about the euro/dollar exchange rate, but for me american shoes (Alden, A&E) happen to be surprinsingly cheap (about half the price I would pay for them in paris) .

TIA
.luc
I'm out of this loop (not a shoe freak myself) but I believe Bennies shoes (nightowl has a link in his sig) sells Grenson Masterpieces for *insanely* cheap. I think they only come in ever once in awhile though. care to shed some light, Chris?

Not sure if this helps. I sort of assumed you aren't particularly bent on getting American shoes.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not to mention one particular French guy.
10% for me.

You sent me shoes but not from your shop...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads