• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

International Tailor Co (Tim the Tailor) in NYC Chinatown?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My wife wears a 0 petite, sometimes 00 (yes, there is such a thing). Would any of you gentleman kindly recommend a fine tailor in NYC or NJ to make some trousers for my wonderfully petite wife?

Thank you in advance!

Ben

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
My wife is hard to fit as well, so Dario Rodriguez is going to make a pair for her.

Thank you for the tip. Would you happen to recall prices if we provide the cloth? And where are they located?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you once again.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone recieved their pants from tim the tailor or Mr. Rodriguez? Just curious, as I am thinking of trying one of these guys soon.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any word from your co-worker?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I saw the pants in the flesh today. Workmanship is good, pick stitching (machine made) around the pockets, split rear waistband, tapered pant leg. My only issue is that the single pleat ( my pref. is flat front anyway), is "open" and does not lay flat and also I find the seat too big (and I think the cuffs are diff. by an 1/8 of an inch or so) but those are both issues that I am sure could be fixed with some explaining to dario. Can't talk about the interior waistband as my coworker and I are in a room by ourselves and having him take off his pants is not going to happen
smile.gif

Overall, for $90 not including fabric, I'd say the pants are worth it.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report. Chorse123 thanks for the link.

My bank account hates both of you now.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I picked up my pair of grey flannels from Dario on Saturday. Very pleased with them - in fact I'm wearing them today. A little loose in the waist, but with a belt they do not droop. Once I figure out what I need, I'll be back for more.

Lino

Reaction score
I am in the market for new trousers and I am considering the following options:

LS or Mr. Ned. Both seem to come in about the same price. I know that with LS, Dario will more than likely make the pants and the benefit is mainly in Izzy doing the fitting (how good is Dario at fittings rather than just doing a copy?). With price being about equal, which of these two would you go with? Also, if you had to compare the quality of your preffered source with a RTW brand, which brand would you compare it to? (this sort of gives me an idea of bang for the buck)

Tim the Tailor or Dario. Again, they seem to come in very close on CTM. Any reason to go with one over the other? Who is better at fit? Who's better at quality? Also, if you had to compare their quality with a RTW brand, which brand would you compare it to?

Last one—my quick, down and dirty option. All of the above vs. picking up a few pairs of H-F from C21 at $99ea.? Are the above a better option for both fit and quality?

How would Tim and Dario compare to say; Incotex, Zanella, Zegna, Borrelli, Barba, or Valentini? Are Tim and Dario a better or worse buy than those brands on sale?

Thanks,
Lino

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads