• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Internal Consulting VS External.. Whcih one for the Long Term

monad2000

Reaction score
Hi,

I was interested to see if you thought a internal consulting role at a company like 100+ billion dollar company vs. a management consulting role like PWC or Accenture. I was interested to which one is best for a career 3 years from now in Marketing or Business Development and if one is better how much better...

Any help would be amazing

Last edited:

Gobbo

Reaction score
Need to know more about your background first. Having worked with tons of consultants and consultancies over the course of my career I can tell you with certainty it all comes down to experience.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we definitely need more information in this case (ie. what type of industry this company is in, etc.)...

i work in a strategy/consulting type role internally and the projects you'll have will largely be dependent on the department and the current growth phase of the company.

also, expect to travel less than "real" consultants

Zeppelin

Reaction score
Classic consulting answer: it depends
devil.gif

In general I'd say a job in a dedicated consulting firm will wear you out a lot faster. Longer hours, more travel. On the plus side: good variety of projects, awesome learning curve.

Usually people rather transition from client consulting to internal consulting (if they stay in this field).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads