• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting Videos on Kabbaz

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
His prices are insane....for machine made precision.

+1

Even if his prices were justified or lower, after seeing how he acts on AAAC I wouldn't go there.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard that Kabbaz made the shirts for the film "Wall Street" - can someone confirm?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
I've heard that Kabbaz made the shirts for the film "Wall Street" - can someone confirm?

Yes, I believe that's true.

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am getting tired of people speculating about his shirts without actually having one made.

There is more to making the shirt than just sewing.

He's made trips to my hotel rooms for measurements and fittings. I've had other bespoke shirts and I can appreciate the absolute perfection to which the loose threads between the buttonhole threads are trimmed [compared to my other bespoke shirts from reputable makers]. Alex once rejected one of my completed shirt on quality inspection - How? by pressing it himself and noticing defects in the fabric [little spots].

I am going stop explaining my view of what he does with shirts, and ask that folks actually buy/wear/observe one of his shirts before doing the speculatin'.

- M

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmkn
I am getting tired of people speculating about his shirts without actually having one made.

There is more to making the shirt than just sewing.

He's made trips to my hotel rooms for measurements and fittings. I've had other bespoke shirts and I can appreciate the absolute perfection to which the loose threads between the buttonhole threads are trimmed [compared to my other bespoke shirts from reputable makers]. Alex once rejected one of my completed shirt on quality inspection - How? by pressing it himself and noticing defects in the fabric [little spots].

I am going stop explaining my view of what he does with shirts, and ask that folks actually buy/wear/observe one of his shirts before doing the speculatin'.

- M

How about some pics? I'm curious to see how his shirts fit on customers.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
How about some pics? I'm curious to see how his shirts fit on customers.

But would that be a fair assessment since every customer would like his shirt(s) a certain way.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
But would that be a fair assessment since every customer would like his shirt(s) a certain way.

The basic tenets of fit can still be assessed. I'm not necessarily talking about just the snugness of the shirt.

Besides, its all we have to go on. Otherwise, we'd never be able to evaluate anything on this forum if we chalk it up to customer preferences.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
The basic tenets of fit can still be assessed. I'm not necessarily talking about just the snugness of the shirt.

Besides, its all we have to go on. Otherwise, we'd never be able to evaluate anything on this forum if we chalk it up to customer preferences.

Can you not make basic decisions for yourself these days? Again, how fitted one wears their shirt is totally up to them, it's a personal preference.

Doesn't Manton have AK shirts? Why don't you ask him? I'm pretty sure there aren't many other forum members with AK shirts.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Can you not make basic decisions for yourself these days? Again, how fitted one wears their shirt is totally up to them, it's a personal preference.

Doesn't Manton have AK shirts? Why don't you ask him? I'm pretty sure there aren't many other forum members with AK shirts.

Take your pills for the day. I have no decisions to make, as I don't intend to use AK - I'm merely curious to see how AK's shirts look in real life. Why that's so troubling to you is a mystery.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I have a small number of AK shirts. They are not that fitted--certainly not tight.

Macallan

Reaction score
Tom Wolfe is a customer, maybe worth looking for some pictures.

I am not here to question the quality of the shirt; however, the price is an issue, something I cannot justify. Due to location never considered AK shirts, for his prices I could get 4 shirts from my shirtmarker but did consider Charvet, which are in a similar price bracket (note: due to current currency exchange comapred to Pound Sterling, Charvet is priced less than AK).
For the difference in the shirt, I felt the extra cost was not worth it; however, when we get to top quality products whatever they are, a 1% difference costs more than 1%, a lot more than 1%. This is why Charvet and AK shirts are priced a lot higher than other bespoke shirtmarkers.

If we look at low-end bespoke and Savile Row bespoke, we can see a similar trend, the latter can cost 3-5 times more. Is a Huntsman suit worth 4.5 times more than a Graham Browne suit, probably not; however, there are quality and fit differences, and it is up to the individual to decide if they want a £3.9k suit or a £850 suit.

It would be nice to see a AK shirt, whether the shirt is fitted or not.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan
Tom Wolfe is a customer, maybe worth looking for some pictures. I am not here to question the quality of the shirt; however, the price is an issue, something I cannot justify. Due to location never considered AK shirts, for his prices I could get 4 shirts from my shirtmarker but did consider Charvet, which are in a similar price bracket (note: due to current currency exchange comapred to Pound Sterling, Charvet is priced less than AK). For the difference in the shirt, I felt the extra cost was not worth it; however, when we get to top quality products whatever they are, a 1% difference costs more than 1%, a lot more than 1%. This is why Charvet and AK shirts are priced a lot higher than other bespoke shirtmarkers. If we look at low-end bespoke and Savile Row bespoke, we can see a similar trend, the latter can cost 3-5 times more. Is a Huntsman suit worth 4.5 times more than a Graham Browne suit, probably not; however, there are quality and fit differences, and it is up to the individual to decide if they want a £3.9k suit or a £850 suit. It would be nice to see a AK shirt, whether the shirt is fitted or not.
You have to factor in overheads, location, turnover and manufacturing methodology.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I would be surprised of Charvet were anywhere close to Kabbaz prices these days. Last I heard, Kabbaz was charging $1,200, 10 shirt minimum, plus a substantial consultation fee. Charvet is around $600 IIRC.

AK's prices were going up at least $100 a year throughout the 2000s and sometimes more. By now they could be $1,500 for all I know.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I would be surprised of Charvet were anywhere close to Kabbaz prices these days. Last I heard, Kabbaz was charging $1,200, 10 shirt minimum, plus a substantial consultation fee. Charvet is around $600 IIRC. AK's prices were going up at least $100 a year throughout the 2000s and sometimes more. By now they could be $1,500 for all I know.
Consultation fee?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Consultation fee?

Hearsay. But I have heard it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads