• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting Vass U-Last Auction On Ebay

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1 The push seems to be from this "utsnowboarder" buyer. (Since when do Utah (?) snowboarders have any money?) Last week, he bought another pair of similar U-Last Vass, also for a price that IIRC was over $600. This one seems to be going ever-higher. If you've got a pair in size 10 and want to make quick buck, it looks like you'll have some serious interest on EBay.... By the way, when was the last time anyone has heard from A. Harris? I don't think I've seen him post since the whole "Vass is leaving the US" thread a month ago.

Mr Checks

Reaction score
I saw the earlier thread on Vass; any update as to where a person could buy them?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sky Valet in D.C. still has them in stock, although they're apparently phasing them out. There are members here who have a very good relationship with SV, and can probably give you some more detail.

I did email SV for any styles that remained in my size, but they didn't have anything that appealed to me (all were black, which I'm not looking for right now). Sky Valet is selling them at an excellent price considering the quality of Vass, but the price is objectively high ($650), and from what I could tell from the email SV sent me, they charge $50 extra for the shoe trees (and, once you see the shoe trees, it's just about impossible to resist them). This is the second reason I did not purchase - I just can't justify a $700 outlay for shoes at the moment, despite the quality.

Per AHarris from a few weeks ago, there are no other U.S. retailers currently carrying Vass.

Regards,

Jeff

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I called SV w/ the intention of just getting an idea of what they had available. After giving him my footsize ("around a 10.5 - something narrower than standard"), Adam went through the stock he thought might fit me ("You will need an 'R' last"). Most were black, which disqualified them, but his final shoe sounded promising: an oxblood split-toe norwegian. Adam thought it might be too large (it was either a 44 or a 44.5?). He said he'd ship it up to me in NYC to try on, and offered to include two pairs of leather insoles (one thick, one thin) which he would cut to match the shoes. Normally they sell the shoetrees separately, but when they arrived the next day (w/ shoetrees), the invoice was for $650 + $12 shipping. Adam followed up w/ a call to see how they fit - how's that for service? Needless to say I am now the proud new owner of some pretty nice Vass shoes.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You bought those, huh? I've been admiring those on the SV shelf for many months. They are really beautiful shoes. In fact, some of the best looking shoes Vass makes IMO. Congratulations.

By the way, what you described about the guys at SV is right on -- they have superb service and are always very generous in my experience.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the Edward Green trunk show at Sky Valet this weekend, or next?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the Edward Green trunk show at Sky Valet this weekend, or next?
Next weekend.

drljva

Reaction score
I called SV w/ the intention of just getting an idea of what they had available.  After giving him my footsize ("around a 10.5 - something narrower than standard"), Adam went through the stock he thought might fit me ("You will need an 'R' last").  Most were black, which disqualified them, but his final shoe sounded promising: an oxblood split-toe norwegian.  Adam thought it might be too large (it was either a 44 or a 44.5?).  He said he'd ship it up to me in NYC to try on, and offered to include two pairs of leather insoles (one thick, one thin) which he would cut to match the shoes.  Normally they sell the shoetrees separately, but when they  arrived the next day (w/ shoetrees), the invoice  was for $650 + $12 shipping.  Adam followed up w/ a call to see how they fit - how's that for service?  Needless to say I am now the proud new owner of some pretty nice Vass shoes.
Delighted to hear this. And the Vass Oxblood calf is truly gorgeous.
smile.gif

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Final price was $760 I see. Not bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads