• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting Thread about Luxury Goods

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*shudder*

I find your comments about "drinking the koolaid" very offensive and your comment about "posting a few facts" quite condescending.
It is interesting that they look at things in that thread exactly opposite of where we generally stand.

Same reason I avoid GQ & GQ Forum, I don't care who wears the crap as long as it looks good and it is not a waste of money. I have been slowy trying to convert my wife from getting piles of crap that falls apart to fewer items of higher quality - it just does not make sense from a monetary nor environmental perspective.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't bother calling me dumb because if im reading financial reports, chances are im not.
Hey, I can read financial reports too - doesn't mean I understand them though.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Hey, I can read financial reports too - doesn't mean I understand them though.
crackup[1].gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Wow, someone was offended on a purse thread. Good lord, America is became a nation of hypersensitive Nancy McFancypantses

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Wow, someone was offended on a purse thread. Good lord, America is became a nation of hypersensitive Nancy McFancypantses

That's my purse! I don't know you!

bobbyhillbf7.jpg

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave up on page 3.

Blah blah... Gucci... blah blah... LV... blah blah... Prada.
baldy[1].gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awww, but I posted around 6-7. ;(

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik

Good post kronik.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
I imagine posting there and trying to reason with these handbagistas is like pushing a boulder up a hill; or worse, discussing the virtues of black suits in a non-funeral environment with Manton. At least you got one girl to reply. The rest probably wanted to just talk about what bags they still need to buy to make them happy by filling the holes in their lives.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I imagine posting there and trying to reason with these handbagistas is like pushing a boulder up a hill; or worse, discussing the virtues of black suits in a non-funeral environment with Manton. At least you got one girl to reply. The rest probably wanted to just talk about what bags they still need to buy to make them happy by filling the holes in their lives.

laugh.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
That's my purse! I don't know you!

bobbyhillbf7.jpg

"Aha- no testicles!"

"She bluffing- finish her!"

Bouji

Reaction score
The fact that they do not understand the concept of why there is a mark-up is priceless.

It is disconcerting how huge the mark-ups are....but we keep buying because we want them.

My Vet has a 75% markup on a bottle of vitamin paste for my dog. Why????

Ever been to the Hospital ER lately where you will be charged 75 dollars for a Tylenol? Same stuff you can buy at a Dollar Store.
Well, dear, if there were no mark-ups on products, there would be no gross profit, no gross profit means no ability for firms to pay wages, no wages means no money for average Joe, no money for average Joe means no free economy/market, no free economy/market means the USSR
devil.gif

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bouji
Well, dear, if there were no mark-ups on products, there would be no gross profit, no gross profit means no ability for firms to pay wages, no wages means no money for average Joe, no money for average Joe means no free economy/market, no free economy/market means the USSR
devil.gif

Bread, comrade, is this the line for bread? And is there meat today?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I have never conceded the utility of a black suit even for funerals.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads