1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting technique

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by reader, Apr 20, 2004.

1. reader

reader Member

Can anyone tell me if I'm understanding this article correctly. Did this guy punch holes in this shoe with a ball point pen? If someone reads French they can probably clue me into as to what is going on. Thanks.

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

I don't read French, but I think the pen was being used to mark where the new coloring would go on his shoe. Unless the leather were paper thin, I think it would be pretty tough to get a bic pen tip to make those holes too -- I think those were already there. In any case, very interesting looking shoes.

3. reader

reader Member

Oh yeah, I see.

I completely missed the line that was drawn in the third picture.

Thanks.