• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting First day volunteering

TowleY

Reaction score
Ok so a little background before I get into what happend. Im a pre-dental student at Stony Brook. I thought it would look good on my college resume. Even better, I got a position at the dental clinic.

So, the bitches name was Margaret. I get there. I was suppose to start at 2:00 I get htere at 1:50 and check in and was told to sit down Margaret will come and get you. She comes out, starts asking me why I didnt come to her room and why she and to come and get me. I tell her why, she starts getting angry at the secreteries. Then she asks me what time is it. I tel her its 1:52 pm. She starts to tell me that I am too early, you need to come on time, go outside and I will call you in later.

Fine.

At around 2:10 another volunteer comes and checks in.

At around 2:20 she calls us both in and has us fill out paperwork. I had brought my paperwork in a folder this way now its nice and neat and looks good. I got yelled at for having the folder and was told that it was a bad idea. Next, while filling out the paperwork I had to write down todays date. It was yesterday (2/18/09) I knew the date I just wanted to check my phone to make sure it was the right date. She didnt get angry at me for having my phone out, but rather for not knowing what the date is.

She starts saying "How can you not know the date"
You go to this school you dont know the date
And other stuff like that.

She immediatly snatches the paper from me and rights down the date (2/19/09) Dumb ***** wrote down the wrong date.

Then the other volunteer got yelled at for his pants being too baggy, immediatly asked to stand up so she can see. And was told to sit down they were fine.

Then since employees need to have their cards hanging to be shown (a lanyard or clipped on etc.) Me and him both had them cliped onto one of the pockets since we were not given a lanyard. Yup you guessed it. We got yelled at for this to. She said she was going to complain to the main volunteering program about how we really need to be given lanyards.

The last and the best one however was:
She looks at me and goes Ok so your name is bryan. I have no idea what the hell your name tag says you are, how the hell do you say your name.

He says Ehshen.

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
Thank god I do not have to see this ***** for the next 3 weeks for when I get switched to a different section of the dental clinic.
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

So my question to you guys:
Have you ever met someone that was such a ***** to this point? Getting angry for no reason. Picking out random **** that doesnt matter or that we cannot help.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question - was she overweight?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's true: students in the medical field can't spell worth a ****. I bet your writing is even worse.

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
Serious question - was she overweight?

http://media.funlol.com/content/img/...y-on-bench.jpg

She looks just like that. No joke.

Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
It's true: students in the medical field can't spell worth a ****. I bet your writing is even worse.

I can't spell worth a ****? What the hell is worth a ****. Plus its a forum, why does spelling matter. Are you going to be grading me?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In which State Penitentiary was this taking place?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TowleY
I can't spell worth a ****? What the hell is worth a ****. Plus its a forum, why does spelling matter. Are you going to be grading me?

Yes. You get a C-.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Get used to this. If your career plays out per plan, you will become comfortably well off and have a nice job. Her job, and most probably life, will always suck and not pay well. This means she, and all her ilk, feel free to treat people such as you like ****. I've seen it for years.

It happens to all volunteers/interns, etc., that use these experiences to climb the ladder.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fat people are always like this. Mad at the world for making them fat and uncomfortable.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Get used to this. If your career plays out per plan, you will become comfortably well off and have a nice job. Her job, and most probably life, will always suck and not pay well. This means she, and all her ilk, feel free to treat people such as you like ****. I've seen it for years.

It happens to all volunteers/interns, etc., that use these experiences to climb the ladder.

+1

suck it up

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
+1

suck it up

or go a few steps further; tame the lion. Listen attentively in between her throating down twinkies. Ask her questions about the industry, framing it as "you know whats really going on". Ask her advice and then thank and compliment her on it.

Before you know it, she'll LOVE you (transferring those feelings of self-worth you're stoking onto you).

She clearly wants respect and power, give her what she's begging for (and nobody shows her) and you'll be all set.

Sadly, this technique works pretty much everywhere, from dating less than reputable women, to managing those who barked their incompetent way into "senior" management roles.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
or go a few steps further; tame the lion. Listen attentively in between her throating down twinkies. Ask her questions about the industry, framing it as "you know whats really going on". Ask her advice and then thank and compliment her on it.

Before you know it, she'll LOVE you (transferring those feelings of self-worth you're stoking onto you).

She clearly wants respect and power, give her what she's begging for (and nobody shows her) and you'll be all set.

Sadly, this technique works pretty much everywhere, from dating less than reputable women, to managing those who barked their incompetent way into "senior" management roles.

yeah, I have a woman in my office who is in charge of technical training. real pain **********, and totally outside my command structure. 50ish, divorced, overweight, mean as a snake. I took her out to the red lobster to thank her for something, and it was the best thing that had happened to her in years. it really went a long way. and only 7.95 and a hour of my time.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford

+1. If you are in, or ever been in, any type of sales position, you know the best way to the real decision maker is through the informal power center, of the inevitable hun like this one.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
yeah, I have a woman in my office who is in charge of technical training. real pain **********, and totally outside my command structure. 50ish, divorced, overweight, mean as a snake. I took her out to the red lobster to thank her for something, and it was the best thing that had happened to her in years. it really went a long way. and only 7.95 and a hour of my time.

I thought the all-you-can-eat shrimp was more expensive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads