• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting denim project

nomovement

Reaction score
If somebody needs me to start breaking in their denim, I'll do it. I ride bikes, skate, drink, get in fights, climb on things I shouldn't...**** maybe you shouldn't let me break in your jeans for you afterall...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
If idiots are willing to buy stuff like this, what's from stopping me to pay local hobos $50 to wear a couple of Dior's or Sugar Cane's around for 6 months then sell them to boutiques for that "natural street finish" premium price?

nomovement

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
If idiots are willing to buy stuff like this, what's from stopping me to pay local hobos $50 to wear a couple of Dior's or Sugar Cane's around for 6 months then sell them to boutiques for that "natural street finish" premium price?

I guess the real difference is that cottonickers don't have to develo a horrendous stench just to defend themselves from the other cottonickers. that's probably why all those bluebloods (bluecollars? WTF?) are lacking that authentic "pissed in" feel.

Max

Reaction score
I bet someone on this board buys a pair.

"The creases set quite nicely!"

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's equal parts stupid, weird, and unappealing.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that if I had to buy a pair of broken in jeans it would be these, but you won't catch me buying a broken in pair in the foreseable future. The idea's pretty cool in my opinion. I'd like a closer look at the fading. It's like the Evolution of Jeans thread in the other SF.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
**** if I was going to buy a broken in pair it would be those thai levis knockoffs. them ***** is broke!

Chip

Reaction score
Seeing as how this denim project from Blue Blood is kinda gross... Lets say we start our own denim project. Similar to what the other SF is doing. "Denim Fade Competition" Get a bunch of people interested in buying the same dry denim, (I know some of us already own the same pairs) wear em for a certain period of time, then show and tell. I may get some flack for biting the other SF but I dont care I thought it was a fun idea and its only cause I missed the damn order deadline from being out of town! http://superfuture.com/city/supertal...ad.php?t=15192

Hawkeye

Reaction score
I think the fake Thai Levis makers beat these guys to the punch.

quid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I think I'd rather know that my jeans were authentically bruised and beaten in by someone who feared for his life instead of worn by some rich cotton worker living in the lap of luxury.

lol @ rich cotton worker

while i dont agree with it, just because its kind of gross in my opinion (and why im not big on thrifting) youre a moron if you think a cotton worker in any country is "rich" and blue blood is simply filling a gap that some people may be willing to pay for (the true worn look without 6 months of investment, rather 200 dollars investment.)

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
do they really grow cotton in italy?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads