1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Interesting comment on englishcut.com

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BjornH, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Teacher

Teacher Stylish Dinosaur

It looks like FNB deleted the threads about Kabbaz/AAAC. See Vaclav's thread ``A question."

Really? I haven't been back there for a few days, since I started getting into it with a couple of them for some very strange attacks on Kabbaz. If this is the case, the the site may well have hope of credibility yet.

I really don't mean to start (or continue) any bashing here, but here goes: although I thought FNB could be caustic at times, he did seem to know a lot about both style and tailoring. I was hoping that his site would be a complement to SF and AAAC, a place where I could pick up cool sartorial odds and ends. It quickly became ihateaskandy dot com, much to my chagrin. However, if FNB has purged the site of such blatant, bitter ax-grinding, then it's possible it will become something much better. Hey, I'm a dreamer.

2. Fritz

Fritz Senior Member

I think the FNB site is a total hoot. While I never liked FNB, I did find amusement in his conceitedness. At least if he kept it to two paragraphs or less, otherwise I would skip his posts.

We should warn Janne though, that he who must not be named seems interested in his services.

3. Vaclav

Vaclav Senior Member

Hey, I'm a dreamer.

That's a strange dream.

4. Vaclav

Vaclav Senior Member

Perhaps this woman will help. To be a part of the Trad Posse I think she might consider it. Her pedigree is good: http://www.nbc.com/Video/videos/snl_...alieraps.shtml The Rhythm, The Rebel, H.
    She talks like a Trad, but her rhymes, they are wicked.

5. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Distinguished Member

I think the FNB site is a total hoot. While I never liked FNB, I did find amusement in his conceitedness. At least if he kept it to two paragraphs or less, otherwise I would skip his posts.

Thanks for the plug, baby. You left out my arrogance and repartee. Im not likely to keep it to two paras anytime soon...not even for you, Fritz.

6. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Wow. I hadn't stopped by before, but FNB, Grayson, The_Shooman, Beaman--it's like a SF/AAAC comedy skit. I wonder if Ernest knows about it.

7. Alias

Alias Distinguished Member

I really don't mean to start (or continue) any bashing here, but here goes: although I thought FNB could be caustic at times, he did seem to know a lot about both style and tailoring. I was hoping that his site would be a complement to SF and AAAC, a place where I could pick up cool sartorial odds and ends. It quickly became ihateaskandy dot com, much to my chagrin. However, if FNB has purged the site of such blatant, bitter ax-grinding, then it's possible it will become something much better. Hey, I'm a dreamer.

Well his threads on AAAC were enjoyable, yeah. But bumping your own threads despite warnings from moderators is a pathetic grasp for attention.

I enjoyed them for what they had: pictures of suits. But FNB really isn't the icon of style he makes himself out to be. No one here, at AAAC, or at the LL takes that sort of self-aggrandizing position, and it becomes all the more hilarious when you start examining the cut of his suits: they look like RTW.

8. Nick M

Nick M Distinguished Member

Wow. I hadn't stopped by before, but FNB, Grayson, The_Shooman, Beaman--it's like a SF/AAAC comedy skit. I wonder if Ernest knows about it.
    ... And so the talent agent says, "My God, man... what the hell do you call an act like that?"

And FNB exclaims, "The Aristocrats!"

Ah, I got nothin'. Carry on, everyone.

9. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I just noticed that Nick adjusts his tie. Now I have avatar envy.

Oh, and this is the 39th post in this thread, which is 3x13.

10. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Distinguished Member

Well his threads on AAAC were enjoyable, yeah. But bumping your own threads despite warnings from moderators is a pathetic grasp for attention.

Although the subject matter is rather petty (honestly, the crime of "bumping" may be punishable by firing squad wherever you are from, but that hasn't become universal.. yet), I am afraid that I cant allow people to lie about me. If that is the reason AAAC gave or the reason they say I was banned, then it is a lie. I was banned for political reasons which they will never share with you because it makes them look desperate. I would hope that that is not what they are saying. Sorry, dont want to get into this but you are throwing the bait out there...monsewer instigator. Lets please not let this turn into a canine flambe.

Im sorry, I didnt realize an arbiter elegantiarum was supposed to be "Humble and loveable." So sorry I never noticed you at all, did you ever post any of your enviable togs?

Well thanks that you enjoyed the posts, old boy, but tell me, why must you be so jealous about my beautiful Corvato suits? I tell you what, if you are ever in NYC, email me, I will gladly introduce you to the maestro, and he will help you with that first step of learning to treat yourself to the best.

Adieu, monsewer, as they say, what?

11. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

Although the subject matter is rather petty (honestly, the crime of "bumping" may be punishable by firing squad wherever you are from, but that hasn't become universal.. yet), I am afraid that I cant allow people to lie about me. If that is the reason AAAC gave or the reason they say I was banned, then it is a lie. I was banned for political reasons which they will never share with you because it makes them look desperate. I would hope that that is not what they are saying. Sorry, dont want to get into this but you are throwing the bait out there...monsewer instigator. Lets please not let this turn into a canine flambe.

Im sorry, I didnt realize an arbiter elegantiarum was supposed to be "Humble and loveable." So sorry I never noticed you at all, did you ever post any of your enviable togs?

Well thanks that you enjoyed the posts, old boy, but tell me, why must you be so jealous about my beautiful Corvato suits? I tell you what, if you are ever in NYC, email me, I will gladly introduce you to the maestro, and he will help you with that first step of learning to treat yourself to the best.

Adieu, monsewer, as they say, what?

Chuck Norris uses 8'x10' sheets of plywood as toilet paper.

12. Teacher

Teacher Stylish Dinosaur

Gawddam! This is the funniest post since Jon kept taunting ernest with quotes from Holy Grail!

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

... And so the talent agent says, "My God, man... what the hell do you call an act like that?"

And FNB exclaims, "The Aristocrats!"

Ah, I got nothin'. Carry on, everyone.

LOL, actually the last line was pretty funny, in a light chuckle sort of way.

Jon.

14. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Chuck Norris uses 8'x10' sheets of plywood as toilet paper.
    My cat's name is mittens.

15. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

My cat's name is mittens.
    The RJ cat (2'5", 10.1 lb) has a posse.