• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting comment on englishcut.com

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drake
It looks like FNB deleted the threads about Kabbaz/AAAC. See Vaclav's thread ``A question."

Really? I haven't been back there for a few days, since I started getting into it with a couple of them for some very strange attacks on Kabbaz. If this is the case, the the site may well have hope of credibility yet.

I really don't mean to start (or continue) any bashing here, but here goes: although I thought FNB could be caustic at times, he did seem to know a lot about both style and tailoring. I was hoping that his site would be a complement to SF and AAAC, a place where I could pick up cool sartorial odds and ends. It quickly became ihateaskandy dot com, much to my chagrin. However, if FNB has purged the site of such blatant, bitter ax-grinding, then it's possible it will become something much better. Hey, I'm a dreamer.

Fritz

Reaction score
I think the FNB site is a total hoot. While I never liked FNB, I did find amusement in his conceitedness. At least if he kept it to two paragraphs or less, otherwise I would skip his posts.

We should warn Janne though, that he who must not be named seems interested in his services.

Vaclav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Hey, I'm a dreamer.

That's a strange dream.

Vaclav

Reaction score

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fritz
I think the FNB site is a total hoot. While I never liked FNB, I did find amusement in his conceitedness. At least if he kept it to two paragraphs or less, otherwise I would skip his posts.

Thanks for the plug, baby. You left out my arrogance and repartee. Im not likely to keep it to two paras anytime soon...not even for you, Fritz.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Wow. I hadn't stopped by before, but FNB, Grayson, The_Shooman, Beaman--it's like a SF/AAAC comedy skit. I wonder if Ernest knows about it.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I really don't mean to start (or continue) any bashing here, but here goes: although I thought FNB could be caustic at times, he did seem to know a lot about both style and tailoring. I was hoping that his site would be a complement to SF and AAAC, a place where I could pick up cool sartorial odds and ends. It quickly became ihateaskandy dot com, much to my chagrin. However, if FNB has purged the site of such blatant, bitter ax-grinding, then it's possible it will become something much better. Hey, I'm a dreamer.

Well his threads on AAAC were enjoyable, yeah. But bumping your own threads despite warnings from moderators is a pathetic grasp for attention.

I enjoyed them for what they had: pictures of suits. But FNB really isn't the icon of style he makes himself out to be. No one here, at AAAC, or at the LL takes that sort of self-aggrandizing position, and it becomes all the more hilarious when you start examining the cut of his suits: they look like RTW.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Wow. I hadn't stopped by before, but FNB, Grayson, The_Shooman, Beaman--it's like a SF/AAAC comedy skit. I wonder if Ernest knows about it.
... And so the talent agent says, "My God, man... what the hell do you call an act like that?"

And FNB exclaims, "The Aristocrats!"

Ah, I got nothin'. Carry on, everyone.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I just noticed that Nick adjusts his tie. Now I have avatar envy.

Oh, and this is the 39th post in this thread, which is 3x13.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alias
Well his threads on AAAC were enjoyable, yeah. But bumping your own threads despite warnings from moderators is a pathetic grasp for attention.

Although the subject matter is rather petty (honestly, the crime of "bumping" may be punishable by firing squad wherever you are from, but that hasn't become universal.. yet), I am afraid that I cant allow people to lie about me. If that is the reason AAAC gave or the reason they say I was banned, then it is a lie. I was banned for political reasons which they will never share with you because it makes them look desperate. I would hope that that is not what they are saying. Sorry, dont want to get into this but you are throwing the bait out there...monsewer instigator. Lets please not let this turn into a canine flambe.

I enjoyed them for what they had: pictures of suits. But FNB really isn't the icon of style he makes himself out to be. No one here, at AAAC, or at the LL takes that sort of self-aggrandizing position, and it becomes all the more hilarious when you start examining the cut of his suits: they look like RTW.
Im sorry, I didnt realize an arbiter elegantiarum was supposed to be "Humble and loveable." So sorry I never noticed you at all, did you ever post any of your enviable togs?

Well thanks that you enjoyed the posts, old boy, but tell me, why must you be so jealous about my beautiful Corvato suits? I tell you what, if you are ever in NYC, email me, I will gladly introduce you to the maestro, and he will help you with that first step of learning to treat yourself to the best.

Adieu, monsewer, as they say, what?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film_Noir_Buff
Although the subject matter is rather petty (honestly, the crime of "bumping" may be punishable by firing squad wherever you are from, but that hasn't become universal.. yet), I am afraid that I cant allow people to lie about me. If that is the reason AAAC gave or the reason they say I was banned, then it is a lie. I was banned for political reasons which they will never share with you because it makes them look desperate. I would hope that that is not what they are saying. Sorry, dont want to get into this but you are throwing the bait out there...monsewer instigator. Lets please not let this turn into a canine flambe.

Im sorry, I didnt realize an arbiter elegantiarum was supposed to be "Humble and loveable." So sorry I never noticed you at all, did you ever post any of your enviable togs?

Well thanks that you enjoyed the posts, old boy, but tell me, why must you be so jealous about my beautiful Corvato suits? I tell you what, if you are ever in NYC, email me, I will gladly introduce you to the maestro, and he will help you with that first step of learning to treat yourself to the best.

Adieu, monsewer, as they say, what?

Chuck Norris uses 8'x10' sheets of plywood as toilet paper.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gawddam! This is the funniest post since Jon kept taunting ernest with quotes from Holy Grail!

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick M
... And so the talent agent says, "My God, man... what the hell do you call an act like that?"

And FNB exclaims, "The Aristocrats!"

Ah, I got nothin'. Carry on, everyone.

LOL, actually the last line was pretty funny, in a light chuckle sort of way.

Jon.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Chuck Norris uses 8'x10' sheets of plywood as toilet paper.
My cat's name is mittens.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
My cat's name is mittens.
The RJ cat (2'5", 10.1 lb) has a posse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads