1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Age Observation

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrchapel, Jul 17, 2006.

1. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

Just curious, but what sort of work are you doing? Are you typically the most "dressed up" person at work?

I work in the Accounting division of a large painting company that specializes in painting tract homes. And yes, I am the most dressed up. Even moreso than the owner of the company.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

My older brother, a younger Cousin, and I all dressed in Suits one day to go shopping at the mall, we all looked good but on our way out some young girl (probably my age, im 21) said we looked like whores.

I saw this a couple months ago at a mall. A group of 4 guys under 21, during the day on a saturday were walking around shopping all decked out in suits/ties. I must be a raging hypocrite because in general, I think it's great that kids under 21 want to look smart, but when I saw them my first reaction was they were 'trying too hard' and I couldnt help making fun of them with my gf, which is pretty lame of me since I despise the ultra casualness of the everyman's wear. Myabe it's because they were in a pack so it's like they all called each other to plan "suiting up" for the mall. They just looked like they were playing dress up, rather than just being well dressed.

3. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

I saw this a couple months ago at a mall. A group of 4 guys under 21, during the day on a saturday were walking around shopping all decked out in suits/ties. I must be a raging hypocrite because in general, I think it's great that kids under 21 want to look smart, but when I saw them my first reaction was they were 'trying too hard' and I couldnt help making fun of them with my gf, which is pretty lame of me since I despise the ultra casualness of the everyman's wear. Myabe it's because they were in a pack so it's like they all called each other to plan "suiting up" for the mall. They just looked like they were playing dress up, rather than just being well dressed.

Yes, wearing a suit to a desk job is great. Wearing a suit to the mall, or if you work in a lumberyard is silly.