• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interested in some quality crew neck sweaters

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a nice, Black or Grey crew neck sweater. I'm not interested in cashmere, so wool or some sort of wool blend is what I'm looking for. I'm definitely looking for something slim and fitting. I really love some of the stuff that APC recently did, like the sweaters with the small button detail on the shoulder/neck area, but I can't find any of this stuff online. My price range is probably no more then 130-140. Any help and any online stockists that you could point me towards would be great. Thanks!

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your wording is a little unclear: do you want something very similar to the APC sweaters or do you just want a streetwear sweater and that happens to be one that you like? Either way, you should start by browsing the affliate stores: http://www.styleforum.net/support.html

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
Basically something in the same style of A.P.C. Minimalist, yet high quality and slim/well fitting. The reason I ask, is because, I can't find the APC stuff online, in just solid colors. I've found it in stripes, but no plain black or grey. Since I can't find these online, I was simply wondering of similar brands that have online stockists where I could purchase them.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tonybag0dohnutz
Basically something in the same style of A.P.C. Minimalist, yet high quality and slim/well fitting. The reason I ask, is because, I can't find the APC stuff online, in just solid colors. I've found it in stripes, but no plain black or grey. Since I can't find these online, I was simply wondering of similar brands that have online stockists where I could purchase them.

check the apc website, but if you're budget is 130-140, it might be a bit out of your pricerange

Roland

Reaction score
I like the Uniqlo wool crewnecks for $30 (on sale right now from 40). I bought three and they're great.

toufu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roland
I like the Uniqlo wool crewnecks for $30 (on sale right now from 40). I bought three and they're great.
i do too...too bad i dont live in new york
plain.gif

i want uniqlo!!!!!

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
Anything within the same vein as APC but within that range? I guess the most I'd be willing to spend is around 175 or so. Having an online stock helps as well
smile.gif
. Thanks.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly why don't you just buy BR or something on sale and size down? I think Club Monaco actually has some interesting crewnecks with interesting details at the moment, though, and I'm sure they're less than $160.

ge0ffzilla

Reaction score
Mishka just released a crewneck with a pic of Ian Curtis on the front... the quality is probaly not that great, but it's Ian Curtis!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I don't know if you wanted cotton or not, it's 100% lambswool
mishka-winter-2006.jpg
www.mishkanyc.com

soultek

Reaction score
honestly, the last time i went to BR (last week) they had cashmere sweaters made from italian cashmere, i think they were 200. they had cheaper options too. I bought a silk/cashmere one last year for like 70$ that i still wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads