• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interested in John Lobb seconds?

kotkate

Reaction score
I am going to the factory if anyone is interested in what's inside!

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the PSA, kate!

What kinds of prices can we expect from JL seconds?

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, def interested. What prices can you get? Especially since you have a connection...Can you put the link to your ebay store?

kotkate

Reaction score
I know it's not easy to find reasonably priced Lobbs - the most lovely are now $1000 more than the most I would be asking, so....

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kotkate
My eBay handle is gjw4653 if you want to check out the store that I sell through, it's my employers store but I have taken it over for him now.

I have previously sold JL's for US$575 (loafers) to US$780 (oxfords) but will have to raise my prices by around $100 to account for the lousy exchange rate and that JL have raised their prices since I last bought from them.

I am going to be buying as many shoes as I can carry (with some help) and I will be listing, so if you feel uncomfortable about a personal agreement you can always visit my eBay store! I just like to know what people are looking for so that I can try to accommodate them!

Ok. So the exchange rate is bad and your going to raise your prices by $100 to $880. Hmmm. Since everybody is affected by the bad exchange rate, you just killed my interest. If you are gonna pay $880 for a second you might as well buy retail.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
$880 is a tad high to pay for factory seconds.

+1
frown.gif

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see you dabble in a lot of things, specializing in home cinema and selling water faucets
biggrin.gif
All the best Speed

khaki sack

Reaction score
Very interested. Looking forward to your offererings.

Neo1824

Reaction score
I thought a recent post discussed a visit to the JL factory store and prices were in the 150-300GBP range?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just paid about $350 (after about a 10% VAT refund) for a pair of JL derbies at the factory in Northampton. The average regular price is closer to $400 after you deduct VAT. Some of the nicer models may have inched up towards $500. I am no expert seller, so I can't really comment on what is considered a reasonable profit margin.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
I just paid about $350 (after about a 10% VAT refund) for a pair of JL derbies at the factory in Northampton. The average regular price is closer to $400 after you deduct VAT. Some of the nicer models may have inched up towards $500. I am no expert seller, so I can't really comment on what is considered a reasonable profit margin.
Well she is probably not VAT registrerd, so no vat deduction ... hence 2x ... For preorder that is steep imho My 2c Speed

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Seems a bit spendy for seconds but I look forward to seeing what results.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm going to pop along in the next couple of weeks. My target is a pair of Brooklands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads