• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

interest in tricker's shoes

bezkenobi

Reaction score
hello all,
i am interested in purchasing tricker's shoes. i was wondering if there is actually a place in the new york/new jersey area where i can actually try them on?
if anyone knows or has malton, bourton or stow models size 11 uk / 12 us they want to get rid of let me know.
also any feed back on tricker's shoes would be appreciated. i only where full wingtip/brogue shoes and i was wondering how comfortable tricker's are. i am pretty flatfooted and i have issues with shoes. but i like what i like.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't recall whether Charles Tyrwhitt carries Tricker's or Loake. Either way, they have decent English shoes that can be had pretty cheap.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the prices, i am pretty sure they carry Loake

TC11201

Reaction score
Definitely CT = Loake. IIRC, the Brunello Cucinelli store downtown sells Trickers, not sure about which models, although they tend to be the chunky country style stuff. Generally, Tricker's run quite wide (more than most English shoes), so you should size down a full size. In some of the more unforgiving (sizewise) styles (anything with a closed lacing system like oxfords, for instance), they can be a tough fit. Had three pairs all on the 1829 last and no matter what I did, just couldn't get them to fit. Sadly sold them on B&S. The styles you're looking at should tolerate a wider range of sizes. Good luck.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC11201
Definitely CT = Loake. IIRC, the Brunello Cucinelli store downtown sells Trickers, not sure about which models, although they tend to be the chunky country style stuff. Generally, Tricker's run quite wide (more than most English shoes), so you should size down a full size. In some of the more unforgiving (sizewise) styles (anything with a closed lacing system like oxfords, for instance), they can be a tough fit. Had three pairs all on the 1829 last and no matter what I did, just couldn't get them to fit. Sadly sold them on B&S. The styles you're looking at should tolerate a wider range of sizes. Good luck.

That not always apply,
my Trickers fit differently (me have 4 pairs).
Good for flat feet,
short lasts so me go up .5 to 1 whole size from normal,
can be wide in toe area,
nice and firm at heel.
Look like Tricker has lot of different fit,
me experience + TC11201 are different,
different lasts for diffenrt market?

TC11201

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir
That not always apply,
my Trickers fit differently (me have 4 pairs).
Good for flat feet,
short lasts so me go up .5 to 1 whole size from normal,
can be wide in toe area,
nice and firm at heel.
Look like Tricker has lot of different fit,
me experience + TC11201 are different,
different lasts for diffenrt market?

It's a fair point. My experience has primarily been with the 4537 last, in the 5 width (all 1829 Collection, which is supposed to be a slightly more modern take on "city" shoes - tapered, soft square, etc.) - I've owned or own the Belgrave, Regent and Mayfair models (adelaide, cap toed oxford and single monk, respectively). The fit on each of those is pretty consistent and is clearly much roomier than for instance the C&J 337 or EG 888 or 82 in a medium width. I also have a pair of Hardwick's (cap toed oxford) on the 2004 last. That is a more tapered fit, more akin to the C&J and EG fits above. My understanding is that the models the OP is looking at are even roomier than the 4537, but I don't have direct experience with any models in the chunkier collections.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bezkenobi
hello all,
i am interested in purchasing tricker's shoes. i was wondering if there is actually a place in the new york/new jersey area where i can actually try them on?
if anyone knows or has malton, bourton or stow models size 11 uk / 12 us they want to get rid of let me know.
also any feed back on tricker's shoes would be appreciated. i only where full wingtip/brogue shoes and i was wondering how comfortable tricker's are. i am pretty flatfooted and i have issues with shoes. but i like what i like.

If you wear a 12US, you more than likely will need a 11.5UK in Trickers

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bezkenobi
hello all,

I have a pair of Tricker's sized UK 10. They fit quite well. For reference, I have an Allen Edmonds PA in 11D that also fits well, a Ralph Lauren loafer in 11D that fits okay, and an Alden blucher in 11D that is on the loose side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads