• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interest Check: Valextra - Stefano Bemer Loafers - Size: 42.5/10D

SanDiegoFan

Reaction score
I have a pair of Valextra - Stefano Bemer Loafers size 42.5 they fit similarly to an Allen Edmonds 10D. They are hand made by Stefano Bemer for Valextra using Goodyear welting. I was assured they are new, but the soles are a bit mystifying... if they were worn it couldn't have been for more than 10 steps on tile or a similar surface. Uppers have no creasing on them whatsoever.
confused.gif
I have seen little discussion of Bemer/Valextra shoes on this board, so I want to gauge interest in this pair of shoes. I am willing to sell if the interest is there. Thanks, SDF

SanDiegoFan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by carl_paris
Those are lovely... what kind of price range did you have in mind?
Ahh, that is the $100,000 question. The one to which I currently do not have an answer. That is another reason for the composition of this thread. SDF

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those in all likelihood be regarded as new. That's what is called "shop wear" due to a patron trying the shoe on in the store, sometimes causing the leather to noticeably crease scuffing the soles, whether tried on on carpet, hardwood or tiles.

People's tolerance for shop wear differs - ask our own Shoe about this subject.

SanDiegoFan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Those in all likelihood be regarded as new. That's what is called "shop wear" due to a patron trying the shoe on in the store, sometimes causing the leather to noticeably crease scuffing the soles, whether tried on on carpet, hardwood or tiles. People's tolerance for shop wear differs - ask our own Shoe about this subject.
I figured as much... Thanks for the info. The varying "sensitivity" to the description, is what leaves me perplexed as to how to list them. That, and the fact that I rarely see them up for sale. SDF

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
>>I am willing to sell if the interest is there.

That could be said about almost everything. How do you propose to arrive at a price?

SanDiegoFan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure
>>I am willing to sell if the interest is there. That could be said about almost everything. How do you propose to arrive at a price?
I'm using the information gathered in this thread, through PM's, and through other sources to come up with a fair price. Do you have any other suggestions? SDF

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SanDiegoFan
I'm using the information gathered in this thread, through PM's, and through other sources to come up with a fair price. Do you have any other suggestions?

SDF

Yes, what is the retail value of the shoe?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads