• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interest check Santoni FAM 10 brown wholecut

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
this is the 2005 model where the middle eyelets are wider.

one pair in 10 , which means you need to be a full, true 10.5 D US.

this is the one with hand polish and bentivegna welt.

here is a photo of the Florence which is the goodyear classic modeled exactly after the above FAM.

just fyi, the left shoe has been tried on several times.

originally close to $1100 with sales tax, $749 shipped thanks.

Florence_Lg-1.jpg

smile.gif

mattjames

Reaction score
Thank God this is way out of my price range.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If they are really Bentivegna then retail is over $2000. Got pics?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
If they are really Bentivegna then retail is over $2000. Got pics?

Don't encourage him
smile.gif

dave5

Reaction score
if these are Bentivegna I am interested as these are my size. could you post pictures? thanks

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
hello all,
i will see if i can post photos of these. these are not in my hands, just an interest check,, i can get these for you if someone wants them.

im not as brave as others like von, bringing a camera to a store and taking photos of men's shoes!
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

that being said, this handmade FAM is from the nordstrom , 4 digit number european line (also can be purchased at guffeys in atlanta) which retails at $990.
it has the bentivegna welt done by machine.
the HAND welt line is of the $1800 and up price at santoni nyc and vegas, where some are at $2800.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
it has the bentivegna welt done by machine.
the HAND welt line is of the $1800 and up price at santoni nyc and vegas, where some are at $2800.
Not to be a pain, but Bentivegna refers to a very specific type of handsewn construction. In the US you will only see it on Lattanzi and Santoni shoes. Anything else, especially anything done by a machine is not Bentivegna.

But no worries, I am sure those Santoni's are still decadent
smile.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
diorshoe;565820 said:
im not as brave as others like von, bringing a camera to a store and taking photos of men's shoes!
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

QUOTE]

Tell the salepeople that you would like to take a picture, because you are thinking of buying the shoes for someone else (which you are).

The few times that I have done this, the salespeople were very helpful.

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM sent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads