• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interest Check: Eccentric Sportcoats and Tuxedo Pieces from Udeshi

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought I would bring attention to a few eccentric pieces designed by Oscar Udeshi. They're not my style, but I know there might be a couple of guys on the board who might be interested. If you think you might like one or have any questions regarding sizing, please let me know. The sleeves for each of the jackets would need to be finished by a tailor. First up is a blue paisley sportcoat. $350 shipped. The only size left is a 40R (42R is sold). The thought has come across my mind to buy this just for use as a smoking jacket...even though I don't smoke...or have a parlor. I would have the requisite scotch however
teacha.gif
udeshi_1.jpg
Next is a brown velvet and paisley sportcoat. $350 shipped. The only one left is a 38R.
udeshi_2.jpg
Lastly are a few tuxedo pieces with interesting lapels. $350 shipped. Sizes available, 38R, 40R, 42R.
udeshi_3.jpg
udeshi_4.jpg
Here are the cufflinks - I did not have time to setup my camera properly so the shots have a yellow hue to them due to some overhead lighting.
udeshi_a_1.jpg
udeshi_a_3.jpg
udeshi_a_4.jpg
udeshi_a_5.jpg
The Solid sterling silver and MOP cufflinks are Udeshi's, and the other ones in the shots are from other makers or are vintage. The MOP links would be $125 shipped and the silver pieces will vary between $300 - 350 depending on which set you'd like. I've unfortunately never seen these on sale.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Michael,

I just sent you a PM but I then realized that you might not be able to reply back - what pieces were you interested in getting sizes for?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Measurements (I'm ~40L, depending on the maker)?

I'm seriously tempted by those paisley jackets. The challenge would be finding the cajones to wear them, but they would not be out of place at some dances I've attended.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since there has been enough interest I will inquire on sizing information today from my source.

I really like the paisley coats myself, but in my case it's not a matter of cajones, but a lack of events to wear them too.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you get any of his shirts or cufflinks at a good price?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will check on what shirts they might have left, if any, but the remaining patterns might not be something that you'd wear to work. They also do have many of his cufflinks, but I think they're at or near full retail price. I can get a list of those if you would like.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I will check on what shirts they might have left, if any, but the remaining patterns might not be something that you'd wear to work. They also do have many of his cufflinks, but I think they're at or near full retail price. I can get a list of those if you would like.

I really like the Udeshi cufflinks I've seen (IIRC they appeared on the previous incarnation of bestofbritishshirts.com) and I'd be interested in seeing pictures/prices. I might be interested in buying a pair.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pictures of the cufflinks are available. I did not have time to take them properly due my camera killing my batteries, but they're shown well in the shots.

Also note: I found out that the tuxedo jackets do not come with pants and the price has been lowered in the original post.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there are any tux shirts I would be extremely interested; I'm a slim 39/15.5.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unfortunately they did not carry any of his tuxedo shirts this last year, and the shirts they did have sold out very quickly once they were discounted. They will be ordering more for F/W though (about 4-5 styles), so if anyone would like a pickup done please let me know later in the season. I'm personally trying to get them to order more with the nicer cutaway collars, like the one shown here: http://www.udeshi.co.uk/images/shirts.jpg.

ajn946

Reaction score
I would definitely be interested in the shirt with the cut away collars.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are more approximate measurements for the blue paisley coats. It turns out they are slightly larger than the rough measurements that I posted yesterday and they were all taken with the jacket lying flat.

40R
Shoulders - 18" (taken across the back)
Chest - 21"
Waist - 20"
Length - 32.5" (taken from the top of the collar and all of the way down the back)

42R
Shoulders - 18.5" (taken across the back)
Chest - 21.5"
Waist - 20.5"
Length - 34" (taken from the top of the collar and all of the way down the back)

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The 42R blue paisley jacket has been sold! Thanks for everyone's interest so far!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads