• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Instagram style inspiration you follow

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
What are your favourite style icon on Instagram? My favourite is Cesare Attolini's official account. Their loud colour combinations are elegant and classy. More importantly, it seems like they purely wants to demonstrate their styles as inspiration instead of selling stuff.
Is there other account that demonstrates such Italian style with similar loud colours? Other brands' official accounts are not as good. They use instagram purely as marketing material, not much you can learn from it, especially like Kiton, Brioni. Rubinacci is good but not as good Attolini, and I really don't like Luca Rubinacci's style, especially some weird colour combination he dresses. Like a recent post he wore a shiny mid blue pants with a navy blazer, I was like WTF? A really pale blue or cream, or any grey would be much better.

stylish_raven

Reaction score
i like one thats named like menluxuryandstyle or something like that

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@thedressedchest is doing some fun stuff, not running a brand
@alberthartmair isn't prolific but I like his style
@perfettobenedetto is the guy at the helm of Shibumi Firenze, which is a great company and a forum partner
Also worth following @shibumifirenze to that point
@therake is cool to follow, but they will def try to sell you stuff
@Philippe.Tk travels around europe a lot and has pretty thorough daily posts. Not always my style, but he has a wide breadth of stuff.

I follow Luca, cause in the end he's putting it out there pretty well and owning whatever he's wearing. Plus I don't mind being sold Rubinacci...I will die in a mountain of their pocket squares.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yukio Akamine is all that matters.

FernandoDz

Reaction score
It's hard for small stores to promote themselves on IG. Competing with giants like Brioni or Armani is challenging.

BPL Esq

Reaction score
It's hard for small stores to promote themselves on IG. Competing with giants like Brioni or Armani is challenging.
Luckily for those smaller operations, I think we are seeing a trend across a number of industries where people are increasingly seeking out more local artisanal producers (of food, clothing, leather goods, housewares, etc.). While brand whores are certainly not going anywhere fast, social media and the aforementioned trend should make it much easier than it has been in recent decades for those smaller operations to compete.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While brand whores are certainly not going anywhere fast
I can certainly attest that wherever it is I am going, I am not going there fast.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And as for style inspiration, our own @UrbanComposition (same on Instagram) is the man to follow.

FernandoDz

Reaction score
We tried to promote our instagram account to make our small men's clothing store more popular. We spent a lot of time working on it - photos, videos, contests, giveaways. But after a few months of posting, our audience wasn't growing. We realized that the promotion of an IG account is complicated. Someone advised us not to spend so much time and money on the content but just buy likes and subscribers on https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-followers/, slowly growing our popularity without spamming our audience with daily posts. Will this work?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads