• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Insomnia?

af1snaikboi

Reaction score
If I can't sleep until say 2/3/4 every night but sleep for about 9/10 hours per night, is this considered insomnia?

Additionally, I suppose I do not try to sleep but just would rather be up doing something.

Read that 20% of adults have some type of it and wondering whether I am one

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Sounds like it's more because of your circadian rhythm is set to those hours. I don't think you have insomnia.

CologneReview

Reaction score
Insomnia is when you can't sleep or sleep very little. I envy your ability to sleep for any amount of time at all in a row.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CologneReview
Insomnia is when you can't sleep or sleep very little. I envy your ability to sleep for any amount of time at all in a row.

Not exactly correct. Insomnia can also be associated with a decreased latency to sleep.

@ OP: I don't know if you have insomnia, but if it takes you a long time to fall asleep each night, it's hypothetically possible that you have insomnia. Does it take you a long time to fall asleep, or do you just not go to bed until very late? If it's taking you a really long time, then you might want to talk to your doctor about the possibility of insomnia.

Big T

Reaction score
I've suffered from insomnia for years. My doc has given me a variety of sleep inducting meds, and although I sleep, I feel beat to hell. She also gave me a prescription for klonapin and it does a good job of knocking me out. Problem with it and the sleep meds are they are habit forming.

Last week, I tried something different and for the first time in years I've slept extremely well for 3 nights running without any drugs or drink. I bought a self inducing hypnosis CD off Amazon, and the damn thing works! I listen to it at bedtime, and although it doesn't put me to sleep while listening, within minutes of removing the ear buds, I'm out like a light.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 89 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 161 31.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 83 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 48 9.4%