• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Insoles for Redwings?

mikeman

Reaction score
I finally got myself a pari of red wing 875 and they are great.I just had one question though;do you guys put insoles in them or wear them without?If you do,can you recommend me some comfy ones?

Alkitec

Reaction score
Bump..... I'd like to know as well...

EDIT - wow, just realized how old that post was lol.

twoism

Reaction score
I had a pair of Iron Rangers and tried putting an insole in them, but it cause the heel of the boot to fill too much, resulting in my foot coming up with each step. YMMV with a different boot, but based on this experience, I'm gonna say no to the insole.

dragonxking

Reaction score
I know the 1907 boot has an insole, and it's quite similar to the 875. i'd contact red wing. maybe they can provide one

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
my 875's are unwearable without an insole of some sort. I just use whatever gel-ly things Dr. Scholl's and the like offer. There is plenty of space in there for me to wear with insoles so i suspect a lot of people do the same.

tooshay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
my 875's are unwearable without an insole of some sort. I just use whatever gel-ly things Dr. Scholl's and the like offer. There is plenty of space in there for me to wear with insoles so i suspect a lot of people do the same.

Ditto. Dr. Scholl FTW.

Christobevii3

Reaction score
I have the american made version and yes without an insole they are painful for the first couple of months. If you can fight through that, the leather bottom with literally have molded to your feet and be the most comfortable shoe you'll ever own. Before that point i'd have to stop wearing them after a few days in a row due to pain in my big toe where the rough skin is.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
The pain was unbearable for about a week, but they are now as comfortable as any sneaker I own. Mine have the crepe soles, though, so that probably makes a big difference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads