1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inside the Kitchen of the Queen Mary 2 - david lebovitz

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by davesmith, Jul 27, 2011.

1. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Lol. Thanks for the share

3. KJT

KJT Senior member

Holy shit. 36 tons of protein for a week. 72,000lbs of protein, 10,286lbs per day, 5.14lbs per person per day. MM you should take a cruise dude. Protein city.

Also, I can't believe they make all the pastries from scratch. That's really impressive. They look good in the pictures.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  4. SField

SField Senior member

Keep in mind moisture loss from cooking and the fact they bone whole cuts that include bones...

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Still, even a quarter of that (say that half of that weight is water and bones, and then you gotta put a little meat in the staff meals as well) and you're still well over a pound of meat a day, that's a lot. I don't know if I eat a pound of meat a week anymore...

6. svd

svd Senior member

A high end cruise goes to significant effort to ensure that they don't run out of dishes for each meal as well. They have to account for the possibility that the passengers might overwhelmingly choose fish some night or ribs another. Leftovers probably become the staff meals, but even with that there has to be a significant amount of waste from an operation like this. I'm sure the weight of meat wasted is large as well.