• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inseams

phaseshift

Reaction score
i usually wear 32x30s(like my levi's 501 denim sstraight leg) I noticed alot of the sites just have the waist size, what am i to do? i don't want to get a pair of jeans that look too long

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hem them...

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't hem them? He is saying he normally buys jeans in a 30 inseam. If he likes a 30 inseam and a jean comes in a 34 (or god forbid, 38) then why shouldn't he hem them?

Wesley Pipes

Reaction score
It all depends on your actual inseam. Some people have long legs some short, but hemming them should cost you some where in the realm of 2-3 hundred dollars.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Using Technology
don't hem them. Hemmed jeans look bad.... unless you have like 27" legs and a 30" hem is giving you a bit of stacking.

Also, it wouldn't cost much. 10 bucks?

why do you say it would look bad? i mean its only a 2inch difference 32x30 shouldnt look bad right?

Using Technology

Reaction score
So hem them then. I just think most people who hem their jeans him way too much, but I shouldn't judge what you are doing since I don't know.

Anyway, hemming is a relatively painless operation that can be done at any alteration place for a few bucks.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wesley Pipes
It all depends on your actual inseam. Some people have long legs some short, but hemming them should cost you some where in the realm of 2-3 hundred dollars.

2-3 hundred dollars???

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

try $8.

awxg

Reaction score

Who hems your stuff...Rubinacci?

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Way to miss the joke, guys.

And nothing looks more terrible than an inseam two inches too long!

dano

Reaction score
Why would hemming jeans make them look any different than when they came from the factory?... besides being shorter. I can understand chain stitching but the vast majority of jeans don't have that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads