• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5'11"

30" = no break
32" = regular break
34" = stacks

pruppert

Reaction score
6' and a 34" inseam doesn't even stack. All depends on your legs, I guess.

Mark C.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
I am 6'1 and I have always wore a 34 inseam. I was told recently by somebody in the fashion industry that that was too long for my height and that I should be wearing a 32". Is there a table with this kind of info on the internet?

What is your height compared to your inseam?

Me - 6'1", 34

I'm 6'2" and I always get 34 inseams.

And by the way, I agree with the info given to you by that "somebody in the fashion industry". However, keep in mind that these are just our opinions. This sort of thing really is more about your own tastes and comfort level. I suggest that you visit a boutique, grab your favorite brand of jeans in both inseams, 32 and 34, then see which inseam you feel most comfortable in.

Joshua Arson

Reaction score
I'm 6'5" and 32" inseams show too much ankle for my taste.

PresidentBush

Reaction score
I'm 6' with a 35'' actual inseam (measured from the bottom of my foot). Depending on the fit of the pant, I typically wear a 34 or 32 (standard break, no stacking). If you are a 34 with a floor-to-crotch measurement, you should probably wear a 32. If you are measuring to your ankles, wear a 34. Unless you are ordering MTM or online, the correct inseam length should be fairly apparent...

Musselma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pruppert
6' and a 34" inseam doesn't even stack. All depends on your legs, I guess.

Precisely
smile.gif
Some people have longer legs than others, even if they're the same height. It's all about what fits you and what you're comfortable with.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At about 5"9' something like 29 gives me no break, great for trousers. However for jeans I do nothing less than 32, prefer 34.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cs1
No offense to you at all. But, whoever told you that is an idiot. Your inseam is what it is. If you have a 34" and wear a 32" inseam pants you'll look like Jethro Bodine.

+1 Two guys the same height can have very different inseams.

Coincidentally, I read an article today about Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps. The point was being made that his torso and arms are really long compared to the rest of his body. He's 6'4" and wears a 32 inch inseam.

FWIW, I'm about 6'1" and would wear a 32 inch inseam for no or little break.

izlat

Reaction score
5'10 here with 31 normal (I think) but I can do longer for some stacking / breaks. Since 31 is not as common, often do 30 (lower on hips) or 32. I would prefer longer legs and shorter torso but that's that

I also read about Phelps - really short legs, imo. This is actually good for swimmers, ideal body is exactly like his: long torso, short legs. Not to doscount his achievements - I'm sure many others have such proportions and can't swim 2 laps.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eidolon
6'1" and 32", although I do 30" pretty often. Either I have really short legs or you people are nuts.

Holy **** do I actually agree with you about something?

Tourangh

Reaction score
I am 6'3" and I can wear 34" inseam or 36". I think the perfect inseam for me is 35ish. Also two of my jeans both of 34" inseam yet one is too long and one is too short(Never measured with tapemeasure).

chiral

Reaction score
I'm 6'6" and measure a little over 36 for my inseam, but I like it a bit longer than that. All my jeans are around a 36" and they only have a little break. I'm looking at getting a pair of dry bones red-ds for that sweet 39".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads