1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inseam Compared to Height

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by XeF4, Aug 3, 2008.

1. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

I am 6'1 and I have always wore a 34 inseam. I was told recently by somebody in the fashion industry that that was too long for my height and that I should be wearing a 32". Is there a table with this kind of info on the internet?

What is your height compared to your inseam?

Me - 6'1", 34

2. tatet

tatet Senior member

I'm 5'5" and have no problem wearing 34" inseams. It just depends on the type of pants you're wearing.

3. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

5'9" - 30" inseam

4. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

Well obviously it depends on how tall your legs are...someone may have a freakishly long / short torso.

Also, some stuff looks good stacked, some doesnt

EDIT: but to make a blanket statement that "oh, you're 6'1''? you should wear 32'' inseam" is profoundly dumb

1 person likes this.
  5. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

5"8 - trouser inseam i like to be 29.5" for no break at all
    jean inseam i like to be 32" on bigger hems and 34" on smaller hems

6. bob_gnarly

bob_gnarly Senior member

6'2 and i like at least a 36inseam. but i make do with 34's..i wear my apc NS,NC and those are 34/35ish

7. eidolon

eidolon Senior member

6'1" and 32", although I do 30" pretty often. Either I have really short legs or you people are nuts.

8. g.re

g.re Well-Known Member

6'2" (hope I made the conversion well, that would be 188 cm) and 33" seems to be perfect.

9. Jupiter Room

Jupiter Room Senior member

6'1" and 32", although I do 30" pretty often. Either I have really short legs or you people are nuts.

6'1" and 32". 34" is way long. I get stacking with 32" if the leg opening is slim. 34" and bootcut would go under my shoes and ruin the jeans. They are probably nuts [​IMG]

10. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

5'11'' and 32 or 30. 31 is probably perfect.

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

6' and 32-34 depending on the pants.

12. eidolon

eidolon Senior member

6'1" and 32". 34" is way long. I get stacking with 32" if the leg opening is slim. 34" and bootcut would go under my shoes and ruin the jeans. They are probably nuts [​IMG]
    I go 32" on all pants and 32" on all bootcuts. I have a couple 30s and a couple 32s in regular, straight leg jeans. 31" is probably about right, but I've always been confused with people I know are my height or shorter than me buying like 34"-36" jeans in this subforum.

13. cs1

cs1 Active Member

I am 6'1 and I have always wore a 34 inseam. I was told recently by somebody in the fashion industry that that was too long for my height and that I should be wearing a 32". Is there a table with this kind of info on the internet?

Me - 6'1", 34

No offense to you at all. But, whoever told you that is an idiot. Your inseam is what it is. If you have a 34" and wear a 32" inseam pants you'll look like Jethro Bodine.

BTW I'm 5' 9" and have a 32.5" inseam. Proportionatley I have long legs. My son is 5' 10" with a 29" inseam proportionatley very short legs. Neither one of us can do anything about it.

Tim

14. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

I've never bought anything "no-break" so I have no idea.

15. Poomba

Poomba Senior member

5'11 and I like my jeans to have a 36" inseam if i stack them, which i do with all of my jeans.

16. xchen

xchen Senior member

5'11"

30" = no break
    32" = regular break
    34" = stacks

17. pruppert

pruppert Senior member

6' and a 34" inseam doesn't even stack. All depends on your legs, I guess.

18. maxlin

maxlin Member

19. maxlin

maxlin Member

proportions proportions proportions

20. Mark C.

Mark C. Senior member

Me - 6'1", 34

I'm 6'2" and I always get 34 inseams.

And by the way, I agree with the info given to you by that "somebody in the fashion industry". However, keep in mind that these are just our opinions. This sort of thing really is more about your own tastes and comfort level. I suggest that you visit a boutique, grab your favorite brand of jeans in both inseams, 32 and 34, then see which inseam you feel most comfortable in.