• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Input on custom shoe makers, NYC

azcowboy

Reaction score
I am heading to NYC in a couple of weeks to talk with Ron at Moulded shoe. Based on comments here on the Alden appreciation thread (thanks to all of you) and conversations with Ron I am hopeful that the Modified Alden last can solve my painful foot fitting issues (very narrow heel, normal toe breadth, pronation and orthotics). That said, are there any custom/customizing shoe makers (not seeking full bespoke) that i should check in with given I am making the trip?

Thanks again for all of the informative and educational comments on this forum.

Regards,

papado

Reaction score
I am heading to NYC in a couple of weeks to talk with Ron at Moulded shoe. Based on comments here on the Alden appreciation thread (thanks to all of you) and conversations with Ron I am hopeful that the Modified Alden last can solve my painful foot fitting issues (very narrow heel, normal toe breadth, pronation and orthotics). That said, are there any custom/customizing shoe makers (not seeking full bespoke) that i should check in with given I am making the trip?

Thanks again for all of the informative and educational comments on this forum.

Regards,
They call themselves bespoke but I believe it's more along the lines of a made-to-measure shoe/boot: https://vogelboots.com/

Probably worth a check if you're in the area.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are three more:

In PA but visits NYC weekly.

A few years ago I came into the shop during a blizzard.
Talked shoes with a customer who was being fitted.
Very nice people!

Some very high profile customers. Weird shop window

Last edited:

azcowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions from everyone. I've got plenty of options in case the Alden Modified last isn't my savior!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%