• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ink on Borrelli trousers? Please advise...

Pink22m

Reaction score
Greetings everyone:

I've found a nice looking pair of red cotton trousers by Luigi Borrelli on ebay, however, while the trousers are NWT, they have a smeared black spot on the pant leg that has been disclosed by the seller. I've asked the seller to speculate what the mark is (and if he thought it was removable), and while he has refused, I am sure it is probably ink. As per my request, he sent me a close up photo of the mark. Do you think it is ink? If so, does it appear to be removable? Has anyone here had any luck completely removing ink from trousers? I've found various tutorials on youtube on how to remove ink, but I'm curious to get feedback here on any experiences you might have with this. Thanks so much!

Pink22m

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it would not be removable, by any means.

Luigi Borrelli, being the pinnacle of men's style and fashion, top of the heap Italian maker of the greatest proportions and afforded only by the most super wealthy, use only the finest cotton available to mankind.

These proprietary cotton are grown by pure manual labor in the oldest fashion, no machine involved. Enjoying the finest water for and pure natural fertilizers so that they are supremely rare.

These cotton are then hand-harvested and handspun on 245 year old looms into the most gorgeous fabrics, and then only will Borrelli select them, still in the process rejecting 85% of the lot.

These super duper fine cotton simply cannot be stained because no cleaner is capable of handing such fine fabric.

Like a pair of fine shoes, must be kept unworn, adorning the closet and enjoying a show on WAYWN once in a while.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
No it would not be removable, by any means.

Luigi Borrelli, being the pinnacle of men's style and fashion, top of the heap Italian maker of the greatest proportions and afforded only by the most super wealthy, use only the finest cotton available to mankind.

These proprietary cotton are grown by pure manual labor in the oldest fashion, no machine involved. Enjoying the finest water for and pure natural fertilizers so that they are supremely rare.

These cotton are then hand-harvested and handspun on 245 year old looms into the most gorgeous fabrics, and then only will Borrelli select them, still in the process rejecting 85% of the lot.

These super duper fine cotton simply cannot be stained because no cleaner is capable of handing such fine fabric.

Like a pair of fine shoes, must be kept unworn, adorning the closet and enjoying a show on WAYWN once in a while.

Seriously though, that doesn't look like a stain that would be easily removed. In my experience pen/marker doesn't come out.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^seriously though, I WAS very serious.
angry.gif

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pink22m
and while he has refused

This is when you stop dealing with him.

Not worth the trouble.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads