• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Initials on dress shirts

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My husband just lost his job. He was required to buy sport and dress shirts with the company logo. Many of the dress shirts are almost new microfiber or cotton blend shirts from Land's End. I would like to remove the logos so he can still use the shirts. Has anyone done this successfully? There is a stabilizer under the stitching on the inside that seems to be fused on. How can I remove this, and remove the stitch marks?

If I knew how to do this well, it would open up thrift store possibilities, too. I often pass up nice embroidered shirts because of the embroidery on them.
Can you show us pictures?

Stylewords

Reaction score
Sorry, but monograms are tasteless and vulgar no matter how hidden they are.

cargeiro

Reaction score
Whenever a shirt maker or supplier offers this, I have my blood group monogrammed.

0+ NKA

O+ = Blood group
NKA = No Known Allegies

But I travel to a number of high risk destinations such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia etc.

Probably a bit over the top if you work in London, New York or Singapore.

zitelladsuuw

Reaction score
As seen on Mr. Jun's site, he carries initials on all his apparel, even on his shoes.. I was wondering if an ordinary tailor will be able to do this. According to my insights i can't be a tough operation.. What shirts makers do you guys know who offers these kind of gimmicks? Does Jantzen for example offers this feature?

On the other hand, what do you guys think of carrying your initials on dress-shirts? Is it too decadent? Or are you likely to have other opinions on it?

Thanks in advance,
https://techmantion.com/
Krishan
Would you recommend having dress shirts monogrammed. If so is this looked upon as being preppy or does it symbolize looking professional. Where did having shirts monogrammed originate from?

Mirage-

Reaction score
I've had them monogrammed the first time I bought MTM, then never again. I feel it screams "look, my shirt is custom made", which I don't appreciate.
I suppose a monogram somewhere not visible (e.g. under the waist line) would be fine, but I'd rather save my money since it generally costs extra. I wash my shirts at home anyway.

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies

Results are only viewable after voting.