• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inis Meain knitwear

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's a knit first through and through. You do not notice the chest pocket and if anything provides great utility when pocketing your shades. Linen is great but has been explained plenty in this thread. So, yes it is going to be sheer but in a good way and is brought about by the open weave.

The "Pub Jacket" is a great knit followed by the full zipper, then, the "shirt jacket". They all provide great rotation during the week.

inis-meain-mens-linen-cardigan--70365_01.jpg

perfect for a cubicle drone

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I didn't realize it had feelings. You know what on second thought **** its feelings.

I was actually talking about the other two toasty posted which are perfect biz cas attire which wasn't an insult merely a descriptor. The original jacket or whatever they want to call it is weird as **** just noticed it has blazer lapels too?

bamboo

Reaction score
OMG. I have two of those funny lapel and with pocket knit wear.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a size M gansey sweater (90% wool 10% cashmere) in grey and a size M linen tunic in blue mix, pm if interested

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do these measurements seem right for a size medium Pub Jacket or medium top generally?

Just measured my own Pub Jacket and the length and sleeve are off by about 2". Look at the shoulders as well, wth.

Chest : 44 “
Length : 29 “
Sleeve from Shoulder Seam : 26 1/2”
Shoulder : 22 “

Measurements are closer to my other size medium Inis Meain knits, which I guess should be fine. Jsut want to make sure, the knit is final sale...

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a size small orange linen inis meain pub jacket cardigan thing - basically brand new

Please PM if interested, thank you

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced more pilling than normal with IM? I have a Merino wool front zip, worn maybe 6 times, getting really pilly already

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced more pilling than normal with IM? I have a Merino wool front zip, worn maybe 6 times, getting really pilly already

Nope— I wear mine pretty hard (geelong as well as a cash blend) and experience less pulling than my other knits from Kanata, Jamiesons, Inverallan, and SNS

Junglejack

Reaction score

Of the ones I own, I have not experienced any pilling. That said, I wear my merino ones probably the least of the Inis Means I have. Mostly go with the alpaca/silk when between 40F-50F, linen thereafter.

While the Merino is great, when cold enough to warrant it, I always gravitate towards cashmere. Still don't understand why they don't make a 100% cashmere collection. Annoys me to see them call certain items on their website "cashmere" like their "Aran Cashmere Sweater" when it is 70% Merino and 30% Cashmere.

Considering the quality of the yarns used by them, I really do drool at the prospect of top grade cashmere with the same construction of their current stuff. Needless to say it would not be cheap considering how much cashmere would be used, but sign me up...

Wrenkin

Reaction score

I have a Merino guernsey that has pilled a fair amount on the sleeves. It was more than I expected, but I'm not sure whether it's more than normal since I don't have anything to compare it against. The sweater is very plush, and anything similar in my wardrobe is made of lambswool.

Junglejack

Reaction score
While not piling exactly, but my 80% Baby Alpaca/20% Silk sweaters do shed some pretty long hairs. Really solid sweaters, but after purchasing Fioroni Cashmere, in the future I will be concentrating on Inis Mean's awesome linen offerings and maybe if they offer the Geeolong (sp?) wool stuff. That said, I am coming up on a dozen Inis Meains so I got most bases covered.

I also purchased a linen button-down that Inis Meain had made in Italy. Very nice quality material, but it fit smaller than anything I have come across in the past 5 years.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what to wear under a knit? my fisherman crew's neck is rather large. i prefer not showing my tee shirt collar underneath. any suggestions - maybe a scoop neck tee or a tank?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what to wear under a knit? my fisherman crew's neck is rather large. i prefer not showing my tee shirt collar underneath. any suggestions - maybe a scoop neck tee or a tank?
I don't think there is a great answer. My solution has been to avoid those knits with large neck openings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads