• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inis Meain knitwear

thomasB

Reaction score
Trying to make sure I got my linen tunic sizing down before the NMWA drop this week. I just picked one up last week via Luxeswap size L which is +1 for me. It definitely fit way oversized when I tried it on but a wash and hot dry shrunk it to just the right roomy / slouchy look I wanted. Not sure how fast it stretches back out.

So just wondering what is better - buy +1 and shrink it every few wears OR to go TTS and let it stretch a little? Guess either option might work for me

jl9377

Reaction score
Trying to make sure I got my linen tunic sizing down before the NMWA drop this week. I just picked one up last week via Luxeswap size L which is +1 for me. It definitely fit way oversized when I tried it on but a wash and hot dry shrunk it to just the right roomy / slouchy look I wanted. Not sure how fast it stretches back out.

So just wondering what is better - buy +1 and shrink it every few wears OR to go TTS and let it stretch a little? Guess either option might work for me
I tried on a couple of linen tunics from this season. I’ll give my thoughts and hopefully it helps.
Fit is true to size. I suspect it’ll loosen as you wear it, tighter knit relative to the other linen tunic, the deora.

https://blazerformen.com/products/linen-deora-aille-2-tunic-sweater-multi This one fits true to size but looks looser than the ombré one. The knit itself feels more delicate and as though it will loosen more than the other piece.

All that said, I’d go true to size and let it loosen. There was a workers tunic from fall that was definitely oversized (I sized down one) and these did not fit like that. Hope that helps

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does their linen get softer after washing ? I have a pub jacket that i love, but it isn't the softest thing..

I haven't found it to get that much softer after washing (I do both hand and gentle cycle). But to me, that's part of the charm of linen!

patagonianwild

Reaction score
I don't have much experience with linen knits, but I have a pub jacket and I wouldn't mind if it "loosened" a bit - can I expect that to happen with wear?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does their linen get softer after washing ? I have a pub jacket that i love, but it isn't the softest thing..
Unlike their sweaters, the pub jacket is "unwashed linen" which is meant to have a dry and crisp hand. I think the unwashed linen is dry clean only to maintain that finish. It would probably soften if you put it in the wash, but it could also shrink significantly since it's not meant to be cleaned that way

Last edited:

AlexS

Reaction score

My experience is that the washed linen does get a bit softer with time/washes but it's never as soft as cotton (and starts out much softer than unwashed linen). As K. Nights said, the pub jacket is unwashed (also like their linen "relaxed jacket") and I've not yet been brave enough to wash something that is not supposed to be (worried the look/structure will be ruined). If anyone on this forum has done that experiment and can comment I'd be interested.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post with the NMWA thread. My current collection of linen tunics. Enjoy! (And @Rook1 - sorry for the late reply, I'll eventually answer your question!)

Inis Meáin Group Shot_Linen Tunics_2021 08 02.jpg

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post with the NMWA thread. My current collection of linen tunics. Enjoy! (And @Rook1 - sorry for the late reply, I'll eventually answer your question!)

View attachment 1647882
Impressive haha.
I actually have a question: do you find them variable in fit or has the tunic fit changed over the years? I have one of the wavestitch tunics from like 2016 but I noticed the measurements for the current tunics seem way smaller than mine (and I don't think it has stretched out significantly). Curious if that's just natural variation or if the pattern is different now

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Impressive haha.
I actually have a question: do you find them variable in fit or has the tunic fit changed over the years? I have one of the wavestitch tunics from like 2016 but I noticed the measurements for the current tunics seem way smaller than mine (and I don't think it has stretched out significantly). Curious if that's just natural variation or if the pattern is different now

Thanks. I think that there has been a slight change in the pattern of the linen tunics. I wear size M, and a few older ones seem to be a little closer in the body, with a much wider, almost boat-like, neck. But yes, these do stretch out a little, so for me not much of a difference.

Phinis

Reaction score
If anyone has any IM shirts that they are thinking about moving on, I would be interested; just putting it out there :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads