1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inis Meain knitwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Those look amazing, and no pirate shoulders. Somebody get one.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

They're mostly standard models in standard 90/10 yarn colors. The tags are special edition though.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  3. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Grabbed the dark grey Aran for a steal last night off Hanger Project

5. Fred G. Unn

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

There are a few IM knits for cheap on Barneys Warehouse, including a Gansey. Beware the pirate shoulders.

[​IMG]

7. Fred G. Unn

8. Fred G. Unn

^^^ Pub jacket arrived today. It really is amazing! NMWA still has one XL for just under $400 if anyone is looking.

9. dbbradle

dbbradle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I've been enjoying these IM knits this F/W, but the fits could be improved. Can anyone recommend someone in NYC to alter knitwear?

10. europrep

europrep Senior member

11. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

Received this sweater as a gift, and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to pair it. Suggestions? It's a wild color.

12. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Great profile pic.

Jeans would always work. Maybe brown cords? Purple and brown usually work really well, this is more magenta on my monitor, so maybe not.

13. MetalGuru

MetalGuru Member

[​IMG]

I bought three alpaca scarves from Inis Meain five years ago in a sale at Barneys and they're still perfect. That was the beginning of what has since become a minor obsession. In the years since I've bought a range of sweaters and hats, many of which have become my go to winter staples.

Inis Meain is an Irish heritage brand with a metropolitan design awareness and it strongly appeals to me on both of those levels. Their knitted hats look fantastic and they have become a gift that I like to give to people.

I agree that Esk make terrific knitwear but they're less heritage focused although obviously luxurious. I prefer a bit of history (Donegal knits, Aran designs, color patterns inspired by the natural beauty of Ireland) to compliment the style. For me it's not an either/or, they're distinctive and compelling brands in their own ways. I'm really looking forward to their winter 2017 line.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016