• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inga's Consignment Store in DC

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The place is called, I think, Inga's Once is not Enough and is on MacArthur Blvd, NW, across from the Safeway and the CVS where the old MacArthur theater used to be. I have driven by the store 1000s of times but only went in for the first time on Saturday. This place has got about 5 times more women's clothes than men's, but the men's clothes in there are very nice. For example -- 8 Brioni blazers (2 of which were 100% cashmere) in size 38R for $150 each; about a dozen assorted suits and blazers in size 46S - -mostly RL blue label (Corneliani) but also one RLPL DB suit and two Paul Stuart blazers. There was a gorgeous size 42 Chester Barrie in a wonderful medium gray with dark red chalkstipes, as well as a Belvest 38R. There were lots of nice shirts too. If your wives or gfriends are in the area, they should definitely check it out though, as it's clearly more woman-focused and they have, for example, a large section devoted to nothing but ladies' handbags.

Jim

Reaction score
It's a better place to shop than to consign.  I have taken Oxxford there only to be given the arched eyebrow and told that she only handles Armani and Zegna.  (I was too charitable to point ouit that she had Today's Man goods on the rack.)  She has a better understanding of women's labels than mens' so you should get some good deals as a result.

emptym

Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this, since I visited it today. As written above, the men's selection is small, but of surprisingly good quality. There were three very heavy tweed sportcoats by Flusser, in different shades and patterns of green, about 42 L. A nice unlined (shirtlike) brown linen blend sportcoat by Isaia, about 40R. An unlined brown coat by Belvest. A nice cotton jacket by Barbour (L), a reversible black/plaid overcoat by Aquascutum, a light blue db Brioni suit (40S?), several Polo, BB, Armani, Boss, and Zegna pieces, one nice Paul Stuart suit, med. gray tick weave in 40 R.

Black, brogued captoed Sutor Mantellassi's w/ Norwegian welting in 10 or 11. Some Cole Haans and Bally loafers.

Four or five new Ballantyne sweaters, one cashmere turtleneck in pinkish orange, two merino crews in the same color, a rasberry red merino crew, and another?

Prices were about 100 for sportcoats, 150-250 for suits, 60-80 for sweaters or shoes, 20-80 for shirts and pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads