• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Info on Wallets

darkchocoacai

Reaction score
I'm searching for a new wallet and am looking at 6-slot money clip wallets.

Can anyone give input on quality from the following labels: Valextra | Prada | Ferragamo

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the Valextra made of? This one is a fourth of the price, is guaranteed forever and is made of bridle leather.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well if you're looking at the Valextra, you might as well check the Hermes Calvi.

darkchocoacai

Reaction score
Don't like any of the Hermes offerings.

That Filson looks great! However, I'm looking for red :\

I'm not one to spend a lot on a wallet of all things, but I really want a red one.

Personally, the best one I've found is the Prada Saffiano Money Clip, but my friend bought one already and I'd prefer not to get the same.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I was recently looking at purchasing a Santiago Gonzalez, anyone have experience with these?

darkchocoacai

Reaction score
Never heard of them. Personally I'd prefer to stick to the more established labels.

Too many designers and honestly the best is to feel the leather in store.

The Valextra is a smooth leather from the looks of it. I'm trying to see if Barneys has in stock so I can check it out in person. I put my wallet in my rear pocket so I'd love a sturdier material. No experience with bridal leather so dunno how that feels or wears.

Last edited:

Valmak

Reaction score
i really like Paul Smith card case i just bought. quality is top notch and style is a little quirky. also check out iron heart, kawatako and makr.

darkchocoacai

Reaction score
I used to really enjoy paul smith's but i grew out of the printed style he uses on his stuff. I still do like the signature stripes but haven't really like any of his latest stuff.

The Japanese brands are good looking and of the highest quality, but they are really just too thick. I'm looking for a slim wallet. The cordovan shells and whatnot will last through eons but they are too thick for me.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bridle leather wears like iron. It's neither stiff or soft but somewhere in between. I have bridle leather wallets that have seen some serious abuse including the washing machine a few times and they still look great. If you manage to get over having a red wallet you would be hard pressed to find anything that'll beat the Filson wallet I mentioned above. I own one and it's the one that's been washed a few times. Kind of cool how it developed a distressed look from that.

LeafAndArrow

Reaction score
I happen to be having a wallet giveaway on my blog . I own one of the same model, and cant recommend them enough. Previous to that I was using a Venice made antique billfold, made from horsehide in the 40s, which was great, until I got it wet, and saw it grow a beard of mold in a day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads