1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

info on borrelli royal collection suit shoulders?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Jan 24, 2014.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

can someone please advise on Borrelli Royal Collection suits? So hard for me to tell what the shoulder of an item really looks like on a mannequin, if not at least displayed from the side.

What is the shoulder like on Borrelli Royal Collection suits?
    Do the suit jackets have a nice high armhole? roll of lapel?

I only have one other borrelli item for comparison, but it is the borrelli luxury vintage, with no shoulder / unconstructed spalla camicia shoulder, sportcoat.

thank you!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aph999

aph999 Senior member

Foxx, my avatar is from the Royal Collection line, and here's what I can tell you:

• The fabric is among the nicest I've come across. Mine has the most distinctive pick-n-pick weave I've ever seen, and I've got that pattern in Brioni, Kiton and Sartoria Partenopea.
    • The shoulder is moderately padded - definitely more than the soft Luxury Vintage line.
    • The armhole is relatively high.
    • Mine has a narrower lapel than the current navy ones Ian is offering - although I'm tempted by his current ones as well.
    • Great roll of the lapel.

I think you'd be pleased.

3. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Looks like here's a fair amount of padding on that. Maybe a little roping too

4. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

I saw those too. The only thing that put me off were the shoulders as I already have enough suits with shoulder like that and my next purchase was going to be something with a softer shoulder. I look at STF far too much....so much temptation!

5. comrade

comrade Senior member

I saw those too. The only thing that put me off were the shoulders as I already have enough suits with shoulder like that and my next purchase was going to be something with a softer shoulder. I look at STF far too much....so much temptation![/quote

There is nothing( in my size) at STF that has true natural/virtually unpadded shoulders.
    That was also the case two years ago when I visited the store in LA.

6. aph999

aph999 Senior member

The closest I've come at STF to a natural/unpadded shoulder is the solid navy Orazio Luciano (La Vera Sartoria Napoletano) suit I bought a couple months ago. The shoulders are gorgeous - hand stitched, true spalla camicia shoulder.

This is what it looks like:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  7. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

^ looks great. There was one if those in my size and I blinked and it was gone.

8. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

I also have eye on the royal collection suit from STF. Compare to Isaia suit jacket, does this Borrelli suit jacket have more padding?

9. Wayward

Wayward Senior member

aph999, that is a great suit in your avatar and I've always been meaning to ask what it was. While we're at it, are they concave/pagoda shoulders? It sure looks that way, which is what I've tried to find short of jumping to Tom Ford.

Also, when I saw STF I first went to Sierra Trading Post...:embar:

10. aph999

aph999 Senior member

Borrelli Royal Collection, special purchase through ShopTheFinest (now gone, I'm sure, but here is the original blog entry) One of the most pronounced, but tasteful, pic-n-pic patterns (or, by some accounts, sharkskin) I've ever come across. Very fine fabric, lightweight suit with distinctive handwork and tasteful narrow lapels. Shoulders are slightly roped, at a minimum, but not sure if they'd qualify for concave/pagoda. Regardless, the look when tried on: OMG.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014