• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Info on Avirex?

captainshields

Reaction score
Hi guys.
just bought a Avirex ltd leather jacket on ebay. An older one. (1980s I'm guessing)
I've always been somewhat confused about this brand. Does anyone have any info on them other than what's on the wikepedia? (basically saying it was started in 1975 and became a US contractor in the 80s)

Just curious.

I've seen prices on the leather jackets all over the place. I only paid $50 which I think is pretty good...but just curious.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know the history of the brand but it was very popular amongst the urbanwear group in the 1990s along the like of Mecca, Fubu, etc.

$50 seems about right since the brand hasn't even popular in a decade or so. I'm not even sure if it still exists. The cut is also very generous to go along with the baggy trend that was in then.

captainshields

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
It's still a company, now called cockput usa. They still sell essentially the exact same stuff.

Most avirex stuff I've seen sell on ebay has been the $250-300 range.

The whole bomber jacket thing seems pretty popular right now too.

I was a 90s kid and didn't really know anyone my age who wore avirex...must have been for the 20 something crowd.

Looks like a cool jacket either way. Was just curious if there was any other info on the company since it seems to have some decent history. (they made jackets for the US military at one point)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads